New car suggestions please!

Associate
Morning all, need some suggestions towards a new car!

I've just completed my first year of driving, and had to make a claim 4 days before attaining my 1 years NCB. Gutting i know. However, i have just landed a new job with a fairly good wage. (I'm 18)

What I originally looked at was a 106 gti (2k insurance)
then a Golf TDI (more still on insurance)

Not particularly bothered about blistering speed to be honest but would like something tidy and ideally a hatchback, do a fair few motorway miles also, leather would be nice although not essential.

Obviously insurance is an issue but i'm prepared to stretch to the 2k mark, after all a car is a pretty big part of my life. After driving a seicento for a year anything will be an improvement i would imagine.

budget is around 5-6k..

thanks to whoever takes the time to read through that lot!

Soldato
Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X. 2000 W plate for roughly 2.5k. You'll get alloys, full electrics (apart from seats), heated screen, full cow, cruise control and front foglights.

I didnt like them at first but they grow on you.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Might have to give one a test drive at the weekend, what sort of
plate / mileage will i be looking at in which price ranges? is it worth buying from a dealer for warranty? Cheers.

Last edited:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
You want a Leon with the leather/ electric pack then. 5-6K would get a very tidy 1.6/ 1.8 20V (Non Turbo!)
Failing that, as someone else suggested have a look at the Mondeo range. I would forget a Golf at that price range TBH and I wouldn't want to drive a Pug 106 on the motorway for any length of time!

Back
Top Bottom