New car time

I must admit, I'm struggling to see how it could look anything like a Kia :p

+1 Bizarre comparison to make.

102EA3B7-8DEA-4714-B55A-7359D73648AA_zps6tpscavt.jpg

Well, had a productive day today - with much swearing, fixed the rear parking sensor; refitted the missing trim between the front headlights, and sorted the rear electric blind to the extent that it's hidden and that if I decide to get handy with a sewing kit and something to stop the arm sliding out, I could make it functional again, but can't be bothered at the moment.

Now just the important things to do :p

I decided the first step in changing the lambda sensor would be to clear the fault codes and see if the error comes back (you never know) so now the waiting game.

Likely I'll take a few cycles to come back so whilst youre waiting the live data and pending faults are worth monitoring. If its a pre cat sensor I'd expect you to be able to tell just by how its driving...but when you've just bought it that can be difficult too

Likely I'll take a few cycles to come back so whilst youre waiting the live data and pending faults are worth monitoring. If its a pre cat sensor I'd expect you to be able to tell just by how its driving...but when you've just bought it that can be difficult too

Yeah very true.
There is an irregular idle which could represent the issue but as you say, I'd probably struggle to identify anything else..

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/mjt123/102EA3B7-8DEA-4714-B55A-7359D73648AA_zps6tpscavt.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

TBH I can see the resemblance but I don't even know what car that is!

Last edited:
I think these have aged really well, probably because they were never really following a trend in the first place. Looks a good buy as long as the problems don't cost too much to sort

I was considering an LPG conversion on it as well, to incentivise me to drive it more (not sure if that's required but still..)
Gotta sort out the other niggles first though and preferably get some sort of average mpg rating that I can use to figure out how many miles I'd need to do..

Back
Top Bottom