New car time

Associate
Hey guys.

Im after some advice.

Im in the market for a new car ( well new to me ).

Moneys been tight the last few years what with having 2 kids and the way the world has blown up in price of late, anyhow ive managed to cobble together a few quid and im looking to ditch the old Pug 308.

Ive found a lovely Audi A5 2.0 tdi s-line ( dont flame me ) in a dark metallic blue, leather interior and it looks smart.

Im just after peoples experiences with that particular motor, decent car?

Its 8 year old,60000 on the clock.

Caporegime
I owned a 2013 A4 2.0 TDi, which aside from the body style is the same car as the A5. It was starting to feel old tech back then (and I owned it from new), so by now I can only imagine they feel ancient on top of rather dull.

The newer shape is a much nicer place to sit, and a nicer drive.

Reactions: mjt
Associate
OP
I owned a 2013 A4 2.0 TDi, which aside from the body style is the same car as the A5. It was starting to feel old tech back then (and I owned it from new), so by now I can only imagine they feel ancient on top of rather dull.

The newer shape is a much nicer place to sit, and a nicer drive.

Ah ok. I see your point. Thanks for your input.

This is why im asking as the next car I get will have to tick all the boxes and last a few years too.

Cheers mate

Associate
OP
With £8k to spend, I'd steer clear of "premium" brands and focus on getting the newest, most comfortable and most suitable car you can get. £8k is not going to net you a particularly great A5.

Yea I kind of get what your saying but this ones looks immaculate! MOT History checker shows its never failed an MOT and if you look at the mileage it all checks out in my eyes.

Update,

Ive been talking to the guy selling it today and I'm taking it for a spin tomorrow, I will update with my thoughts

Associate
OP
Put a link up to the advert so we can all pull it apart, tell you all the things wrong with it and crush your dreams before you potentially set fire to £8,000 :p
haha would have been a good idea mate.

Should have thought about that!!

No matter now though as its gone.

Back to the drawing board as they say

Back
Top Bottom