New clothes?

Permabanned
Etaqua said:
Do these guys have a shop in Oxford/Bicester village? I'd really like to check them out. Some pretty awesome jeans and shirts there... very cheap too. I just have a nasty habbit of choosing clothes that look nice on the manequins (spelling?) and on the shelves, but horrible on me. :p
no you just order them via the net or phone, if it dont fit or you dont like it you can post it back to them for free and the next delivery charge is free if you return some of the goods :) the delivery is only £3.75 no matter how much you order.

btw they send you out discounts i have 50% discount on my next order hehe.

Associate
I wouldn't rule out Primark straight away

Me and jeans fall out all the time, cause they just don't fit the way I like. I only wear boot cut jeans, as they are the only style I find suit me, the problem is im a 28 waist, which means one finding jeans is tough enough, but to get them bootcut, and fitted is a challenge....went into primark, bang, found 4 pairs of jeans, all perfect for my requirements...ok so the cut on them isnt AMAZING, and the wash isnt either, but if youre looking at topman, and burtons...youre not gonna find anything better there, until you start pushing the £70 mark for jeans. Take a trip to primark again man, and try on a few different styles of jeans, dont just be tempted to go for the straight cut...see which style you prefer, and grab a pair...then try them on with some different shoes, and tops...youll be surprised how a different pair of jeans will gorw on you with different clothes to the ones you wear when trying them on in the shop. the other reason youll never go wrong with primark is that, the jeans dont ever seem to be more than £8 haha

by the way, I dont work for Primark lol.

Do try h&m too...I dont have any experience with their jeans or trousers, but I do have a lot with all their other items of clothing, and it is all top notch. if youre just after plain base tshirts, they go for like £4 in there...I bought a load in a few colours, just to get some base colours to wear with other items. Make sure the h&m you go to has a guys section though...a lot of them are only female shops.

River Island is a fairly all round decent shop, a lil bit more expensive, but a lot more range...not just what you see on 50% of the people youll see walking around town, so thats always good. Go there if you have a more refined idea of what you're after.

I've never found what Ive been looking for in next so gave up, but believe their sales attract some serious attention, so maybe have a look a couple of days before a sale....then get queuing.

Burtons and topman I just dont go in anymore, as I guess Im not one for wearing a tshirt to town, then walking past 7 other guys on the high street wearing the same top as I go for a drink lol, but thats just personal opinion.

Best advice man...get yourself a job, get som more money in your pocket, open up your options

Soldato
jamoor said:
also don't dress like a metro, I don't know what it is these days but so many guys wear pink shirts, tight jeans and have funny hair. Its just not cool.

Oh but it is!!! Although I get the whole tight jeans thing but there is a reason guys don't usually wear tight clothes!!!

Associate
OP
Mundu said:
H&M and TK Maxx atm who have some seriously nice shoes most of which are vans.

Edit: Just saw the stuff you wear. You could probably get some of the same if now better stuff at Tescos. £2 T-Shirts ***!!!!

@ the first bit: I'm going to have to check these guys out sometime, tons of votes for them in this thread.

@ the 2nd bit: it's a horrible shirt, I know, but unfortunately 90% my clothes are being washed, so I can't wear them - it'll have to do. I'll post some better pictures tomorrow. :)

Permabanned
Mundu said:
Oh but it is!!! Although I get the whole tight jeans thing but there is a reason guys don't usually wear tight clothes!!!
why is that? i wear t shirts but they are a bit tight around my chest shoulders

Soldato
crashuk said:
why is that? i wear t shirts but they are a bit tight around my chest shoulders

Tigh jeans especially when they're tight around the crotch. :eek: Unless you're lacking in that are then I suppose it'd be alright but I wouldn't know much about that.

Associate
jamoor said:
also don't dress like a metro, I don't know what it is these days but so many guys wear pink shirts, tight jeans and have funny hair. Its just not cool.

See, now I think being a metro is pretty cool myself...I own the odd pink shirt, and I mean after all its one of my girlfriends favourite shirts, so obviously isnt losing me too many points...as for tight jeans, I only own boot cut jeans, wouldnt look twice at anything else...and funny hair haha? as oppose to what, a short back and sides lol? Havent had one of those since I was three

Associate
OP
Unromantic__Me said:
I wouldn't rule out Primark straight away

Me and jeans fall out all the time, cause they just don't fit the way I like. I only wear boot cut jeans, as they are the only style I find suit me, the problem is im a 28 waist, which means one finding jeans is tough enough, but to get them bootcut, and fitted is a challenge....went into primark, bang, found 4 pairs of jeans, all perfect for my requirements...ok so the cut on them isnt AMAZING, and the wash isnt either, but if youre looking at topman, and burtons...youre not gonna find anything better there, until you start pushing the £70 mark for jeans. Take a trip to primark again man, and try on a few different styles of jeans, dont just be tempted to go for the straight cut...see which style you prefer, and grab a pair...then try them on with some different shoes, and tops...youll be surprised how a different pair of jeans will gorw on you with different clothes to the ones you wear when trying them on in the shop. the other reason youll never go wrong with primark is that, the jeans dont ever seem to be more than £8 haha

by the way, I dont work for Primark lol.

Do try h&m too...I dont have any experience with their jeans or trousers, but I do have a lot with all their other items of clothing, and it is all top notch. if youre just after plain base tshirts, they go for like £4 in there...I bought a load in a few colours, just to get some base colours to wear with other items. Make sure the h&m you go to has a guys section though...a lot of them are only female shops.

River Island is a fairly all round decent shop, a lil bit more expensive, but a lot more range...not just what you see on 50% of the people youll see walking around town, so thats always good. Go there if you have a more refined idea of what you're after.

I've never found what Ive been looking for in next so gave up, but believe their sales attract some serious attention, so maybe have a look a couple of days before a sale....then get queuing.

Burtons and topman I just dont go in anymore, as I guess Im not one for wearing a tshirt to town, then walking past 7 other guys on the high street wearing the same top as I go for a drink lol, but thats just personal opinion.

Best advice man...get yourself a job, get som more money in your pocket, open up your options

The Primark near me is probably quite small, but I've only seen one. There wasn't a great range of jeans to choose from - there were about 6 different pairs I could see.

I don't mind wearing the same clothes as other people as long as the stuff looks good/better on me. ;) But I understand where you're coming from with this - indivduality and stuff.

crashuk said:
no you just order them via the net or phone, if it dont fit or you dont like it you can post it back to them for free and the next delivery charge is free if you return some of the goods the delivery is only £3.75 no matter how much you order.

What's the quality like on their stuff?

Associate
ah sounds like your Primark is a small one then, as we have a huge wall covered in shelving topped up with jeans, maybe try and get yourself down to a bigger one

If you just wanna look better than everyone else in your clothes, try out the competition at topman them, very competitive pricing

Soldato
The High Street closest to me has the biggest Primark ever and it's the biggest shop around!!! I daren't step in it though it stinks of B.O and it crowded with people looking for cheap stuff, plus I'm too posh for Primark. :o

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Expensive is relative, but £5 for a belt, £10 for a dress sound ok to you?
yes, that sounds good.

Might go there next time I'm in meadowhell. I thought it was one of those fancy rip off places :o

My brother had actually come accross someone wearing the same shirt as him, which came from asda. He is a 14 year old teenager so he was wearing S size, and the other stranger in the street was a sweaty 40 year old fat guy with the bottom of his belly and builders bum showing, so I would rather not be in a situation like my brother was in next time.

Soldato
Unromantic__Me said:
Most of them only do, but they are branching out, the one on oxford street, and the one in leeds, and in plymouth all have pretty dandy Mens sections
wow....*me waits impatiently for mens section at Uxbridge*

Back
Top Bottom