New cooling build - suggestions

Associate
Okay,

So I've actually just completed my latest build. (First time doing a full water cooling system)

I think for my first attempt it went well, I did screw up with a leak but thankfully built that outside on a platform. leaked, left it to try, re tubed. All went to plan.
I did actually buy the GTX Titan with the water cooling but never got enough tubing with my system build. OCUK promptly sent some more tubing / connectors out to me but this was a few days later. So I reverted back to the stock cooler for the GTX titan for the time being just to make sure everything was running fine.

Now comes the day where I shall install the water-cooling for my titan. So my question to you guys. Is what would you recommend me doing in the way of draining my cooling system. Picture attached!

Image of case cooling

Soldato
Using a bay res? If so just pop the res out the front of the case and work from that. Or you could carefully remove the radiator, get it far enough out of the case to remove a fitting and drain from that...

Also you may want to actually run your memory in quad channel, in that pic you have it running in 2 banks of dual channel. Blue banks represent one channel and the black banks represent another, stick them all in either the blue or black banks.

Edit: Remove the titan before you drain anything, the last thing you want is something to come crashing down on it!!

Associate
OP
Using a bay res? If so just pop the res out the front of the case and work from that. Or you could carefully remove the radiator, get it far enough out of the case to remove a fitting and drain from that...

Also you may want to actually run your memory in quad channel, in that pic you have it running in 2 banks of dual channel. Blue banks represent one channel and the black banks represent another, stick them all in either the blue or black banks.

Edit: Remove the titan before you drain anything, the last thing you want is something to come crashing down on it!!

Brilliant, thanks for the input. The RAM is fitted incorrectly I know, Just did a quick attempt at putting stuff together. Once I've got everything back to normal. I will do that an then enable XMP.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom