New Corsair range of SF power supplies

About time. A decent unit then, same OEM as the originals, quality internals although a tad noisy at high loads but that's to be expected from a high capacity SFF unit. Shame about only a seven year warranty but at least it's two years longer than the Lian Li units.

Looks like cybernetics have tested the SF1000. Seems decent.

Curious how the noise is as the ROG Loki 1000W had an A+ noise rating while Corsair was given Standard+.

The noise on my Loki 850 is pretty minimal and tbh i've barely heard it switch on, only during extended periods of gaming. Otherwise i can play a match on Starship Troopers Extermination that lasts around 30-40 mins and the fan won't turn on.

I did have 3 separate units before this though purely because each one had severe coil whine, eventually landed on one that had none.

Review here if anyone missed it :

Not read the review in full, but the ending is weird:
"Even review samples weren’t available during the time of the review, so I had to use data from the Cybenetics database."
So you've not even got one to test? You're review is just reading the results from the Cybernetics data?

The noise bit is weird too, implies a lot of the noise is only when you stress the minor rails, which is unlikely to happen under normal usage, with the fan only getting moderately noisy when over 600W? I can't even pull that from the wall with my rig right now and know if I was running hardware that could in an SFF pc case that I suspect the rest of the rig would be making a racket too! :D

Not read the review in full, but the ending is weird

I noticed that to but I’m thinking perhaps it was a language thing. He does show lots of pictures of the internals with quite a lot of tech detail so I assume he had one infront of him..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom