New Crysis screenshots

Soldato
deko said:
better keep my windows shut, pc will jump out it minute it sees this game.

quicky, does it require vista, or can it be run under XP in DX9 mode?

It can be run under both. Although they state that it will be faster under Vista even in DX9 because of the upgraded driver model.

Soldato
I'm not sure if will be the case, but if the motion blur is implemented realisticly then lower framerates should be less of a problem. For example, a movies are run below 30 fps but don't suffer from the horrible stuttering you get in games, which need 60fps to look completely smooth.

But its most likely the motion blur won't be accurate enough.

Associate
Theres a video on google video from E3, but its not quality though, and the official trailer from EA (good quality) has clips in it of some of the areas that the guy from E3 was playing in
in my opinion, most of these are actual screenshots from what i have seen of it

[Edit] ---^ cool, i havnt seen those yet, thanks for the link :D

Last edited:
Soldato
i recommend everyone interested in this watches IGN's video interview with Cevat Yerli.

he goes into great detail about how the game is being made and some great features it will have.

a number of things that have got my attention are -
no cut scenes in game
story of game will be told through interacting with objects, or going by what you personally observe in the game. so you only know whats going on in the game if you've actually witnessed it.

the storyline is somewhat dynamic.
if people in the group you are in die, then you wont learn what they have to tell... if they're dead the story will change to accomadate this.
so your choices and gameplay actually effects the general outcome of the story.

you have a nanomuscle suit, which you can alter the strength/speed/defence on the fly... if you need to be fast moving you can change the speed etc.
the weapons are customizable so you can add scopes/flashlights etc to them and you can change ammo for them and can even fine tune how the bullets will effect people. be it an explosive bullet, a bullet that is non-lethal or one that acts as a sort of homing beacon.

it sounds wonderful tbh :)

Associate
It's going to need a beast of a machine once it is released, but it'll be just like Far Cry - it will still look amazing 3-4 years after its release.

Soldato
Farcry still played ok on a mx440 gfx card and I hope this game will be able to say the same (relatively). Great screenshots, makes for a nice desktop background :)

Its great to hear about dual core use, just as I hoped! Those guys are going to have to be master programmers to get this right imo. It would be so easy to make it look flash but with bad timing/feel to it, especially if its multiplayer too

Soldato
PyroboyUK said:
Does anyone know of a rough estimate of what the specs needed to play this game at?

Theres plenty of specification rumours flying about.

Mainly it depends on what level you want to play it.. if you want DX10 then you are going to need Windows Vista and a DX10 capable graphics card.

If you are happy with DX9 then they have been using X1900XTs on their demo rigs although i think they are SLi and FX processors although that will change to conroes now.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah i can't believe ppl are actually gona spend about 3k just to play one measly game. :D

well personally ive been planning to upgrade for ages and was going to around oct/nov time, but i may as well just wait for this and vista :p

Back
Top Bottom