New desktop for office

Associate
Hey guys,

Wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking to buy two desktops for my home office.

I was about to pull the plug on this and they sold out :(
http://www.ebu yer.com/787869-zoostorm-delta-elite-desktop-pc-7290-3085 - Only £399.

I liked that it had 8gb ram, latest gen i5 CPU and a SSD.

I think that actual product has been discontinued as I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Thank you

Soldato
Would you consider building?

Additional: You need to get rid of that link - you're not allowed to post competitor links on the forums.

Soldato
dont know what that link showed, but to fit an i5 in is a tall order for that amount of budget and this doesnt even include windows,

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £419.04
(includes shipping: £11.10)

you have to spend over £500 for even the lowest intel pre-built system, that is of course if you buy from oveerclockers.

Soldato
Your spec in you link for £399:
  • Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz
  • 8GB RAM + 120GB SSD
  • DVD Writer
  • Intel HD
  • No Operating System
Compared to the one above you could build the below- again no OS - but double the SSD storage , quality PSU and mobo and more than adequate for general office use. Don'y be put off by the cheap CPU it's INTEL's guilty little secret - a great value budget CPU:

I haven't included DVD writer (as suspect you don't need one?) but you could add one for £15 but you would need to change the case for one with an optical bay.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £387.60
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh

*cough* storage *cough* :D

If you take out the OS (he may not need it as it's not listed in his link) and add an SSD it will be comparable/on budget (I know they're not in stock but the passive 610s are similar in price).

He'll have a decent idea of what his £400 can get him in comparison with all the above specs.

Last edited:
Soldato
@orbitalwalsh

*cough* storage *cough* :D

If you take out the OS (he may not need it as it's not listed in his link) and add an SSD it will be comparable/on budget.

He'll have a decent idea of what his £400 can get him in comparison with all the above specs.

Was on my phone with a passed out baby lol, thought I'd clicked it.

Also presuming OP needs an OS as he was going to buy pre-built which normally has them installed on

Also best off waiting on Coffeecake for Intel next month, i3 core will become as strong as today's current i5! Again amd will take a while to bring their CPU that has inbuilt graphics :(

Might even be able to creep a combo deal like this for storage

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-250-gb-sdd-2tb-hdd-bundle-bu-01d-wd.html

Associate
go SH, you can get 2x hp/dell i5 based machines inc licenses for less than £300
add a couple ssd's
£450 max for 2 nippy systems

example
HP Elite Desktop SFF PC - 2nd Gen Core i5 4GB RAM 250GB Windows 7

£120

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom