New Desktop Gaming Rig - TITAN

Associate
It's a great PC :) and I'm pleasantly surprised with Windows 8. It starts up in around 10 seconds (a couple of those seconds are the bios splash screen) and shuts down in under 5. Which is much much quicker than Windows 7.
Blazin

It Loads and Shuts down quicker because Windows 8 doesn't actually fully shut down the PC. It more-or-less sets it to hibernation. The only way to give it a "Hard" shut-down would be to go to the Shut down screen and hold shift whilst pressing "Shut Down" :) Any OS will load quick with an SSD anyway :):)

Nice mod with the LEDs though!

Soldato
OP
It Loads and Shuts down quicker because Windows 8 doesn't actually fully shut down the PC. It more-or-less sets it to hibernation. The only way to give it a "Hard" shut-down would be to go to the Shut down screen and hold shift whilst pressing "Shut Down" :) Any OS will load quick with an SSD anyway :):)

Yes that is true, although I haven't encountered any issues with it performing the hybrid hibernate/shutdown (some people set it back to full shutdown due to issues with the hibernation). And yes, my MacBook Pro has an SSD in and that loads crazy fast, although I think my desktop just about beats it when shutting down now though.

I'm planning on getting some higher res texture packs for Skyrim so I will upload some screenies when I get a chance to see what the GTX 780 can do ;)

Blazin

Back
Top Bottom