New essential Android apps thread

Don
OP
I'm looking for a good RSS feed reader for Android that's as good as Mr Reader on the iPad. I've tried so many and just can't seem to find one that can hold a candle to Mr Reader.

Feedly - It's OK but I hate the flip scrolling. I just want normal smooth scrolling.
gReader Pro - It's OK but the Readability integration is horrible
News+ - Just a newer gReader Pro with a horrible interface
FeedMe - Fiddly UI and no way to quickly sent an article to Readability
Feedly Reader - This is about the best I've found so far. It's a bit buggy though.

Any others worth a try?

Don
OP
What games are available that are any good for a 20-month-old child to play on an android tablet?
I've got a spare tab kicking around and figured I'd stick some baby games on it for the boy.

Don
OP
Are those battery apps useful? My friends use DU Battery Saver but it felt like it had a lot of extra useless fluff. So 2 questions

1. Do they work?
2. If yes, do your recommend anything.

1. No
2. See 1

They do have an effect but with modern Android version that have very good memory management they actually end up using more battery than the save. Apps that would normally be sleeping in the background get killed and thus use loads more battery when they need to be started again.

Let Android do it's thing. Have good stats on your battery is always useful if you have bad battery life.

Back
Top Bottom