New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
I get some really odd surveys at times. The last few weeks I've had one ask me if I play or attend polo matches, another wanted to know if I'm learning the saxophone or trumpet and another asked if I have any life goals I intend to achieve in the next 12 months...

I liked it more when it just asked me when I last went to Tesco.

Soldato
Installed Google Opinion Rewards last night after seeing it mentioned in this thread. Within minutes of setting it up I had a survey that asked 'When was the last time I watched a film at a drive-in movie theatre' as the first of three questions. Do we even have those over here?

Still, it paid .50p for answering three questions. Can't argue with that.

Soldato
Surely this information is for people paying Google, not Google themselves? So a Skydive company comes and says 'Google, here's some money, find me 5,000 people that went skydiving last month and ask them X, Y and Z'.

Don
OP
What games are available that are any good for a 20-month-old child to play on an android tablet?
I've got a spare tab kicking around and figured I'd stick some baby games on it for the boy.

Soldato
What games are available that are any good for a 20-month-old child to play on an android tablet?
I've got a spare tab kicking around and figured I'd stick some baby games on it for the boy.

My daughter (3 yrs old) enjoys the Dr. Panda games (Amazon app store do some good deals sometimes).

Other than that she quite likes Fireman Sam games (Fire and Rescue by P2 Games is good) although may be a bit old for your child as yet. There are a couple of Peppa games that are ok but to be honest the Dr. Panda games seem to be the only ones that keep her attention as there is so much to do and so detailed. The nursery one is particularly good but she likes the gardening one and the airport one. When she was a bit older she started to enjoy the bus driver one as well but that's probably a little advanced.

Most have free versions which should give you an idea of whether to spend the money but they were brilliant when we were travelling last year to occupy some time.

Soldato
Age group categorisation would be a good call for app markets, every decent parent wants their child to be safely conversant with touch screen systems and have fun doing it.

Back
Top Bottom