• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Forceware BETA's 163.16 XP/Vista 32&64 bit

Permabanned
Gained about 40 fps in F.E.A.R performance test, from like 52 average to 98. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I used the same settings from last time, 16xAA/AF (Not QAA on either) no soft shadows, all on max at 1440x900

I'm surprised.

Last edited:
Soldato
Best drivers for vista x64 to date, fps in all games tested are the same as xp or better. fear, sup com, fsx and css have higher fps than in xp. They have not crashed so far where the 162.22 have crashed many times in fsx and nfs:c/mw

Fantastic find :D

Soldato
nice,

glad to hear this, just re-installed vista 64bit lastnight with these drivers,

But didnt get time to install anygames to test.

Does anyone know if it improves Test Drive:U at all?

Not that it needs it, but its always nice :D

Associate
Is there any news on wether the fix republic commando? for the love of god PLEASE tell me some good news on this one...

Jesus christ monkey balls i hope they fix this soon, i need my delta squad fix...

Associate
would also be interested if they fix TDU. Still get the stuttering in Vista that has gone away in XP since 158.22. Can't play NFSC or DiRT in Vista as they stutter or struggle (respectively) on existing drivers. Can anyone confirm whether there is any improvement on all three.

Associate
Have you tried turning threaded optimisation off in the game's profile on Nvidia control panel? I know some older games (such as Quake 3) basically become a stuttering mess with big FPS drops until you turn that off... might affect some newer games also.

Soldato
zytok said:
would also be interested if they fix TDU. Still get the stuttering in Vista that has gone away in XP since 158.22. Can't play NFSC or DiRT in Vista as they stutter or struggle (respectively) on existing drivers. Can anyone confirm whether there is any improvement on all three.

dirt is much better, I've already commented on the nfs series.

Back
Top Bottom