New gaming build spec check please - New build finally ordered.

Associate
Looking at upgrading my MSI GE72MVR 7RG Apache Pro laptop with the below spec gaming PC.

Does the build look ok, or is there anything that you would change at all? Looking at keeping the cost circa £2k.

Will be teaming this up with a Asus ROG PG279Q Monitor (144/ 165Hz refresh rate) that I already own.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,122.87 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Soldato

Would buy an additional Arctic BioniX P120 PWM PST Case/ CPU Fan for the cooler else where as OcUK don't sell them.
Asus has 15 years old bad chipset cooler design:
Tiny heatsink relying on constant airflow from fan, with everything positioned directly under graphics card to be bathed in its heat.
Only Gigabyte and MSI used common sense (so rare its super power) in X570 chipset cooler design using proper size heatsink positioned farther from graphics card allowing semi passive cooling.
But MSI has totally substandard for the price B450 copypasta CPU VRMs...
Leaving Gigabyte having done the best design job with Aorus Elite having balanced design and features for the price.

While Arctic Freezer 34 isn't bad (and step better than stock HSF) for 3900X I would still use beefier cooler.
For example Alpenfohn Brocken 3 is very beefy for price and should be step behind the best dual tower heatsinks.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-brocken-3-cpu-cooler-140mm-hs-05a-al.html

Associate
OP
Many thanks for the help and advice @EsaT and @Charlatan it was very much appreciated!

I've gone with this final build in the end :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,981.90 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Only final changes I've made are;
  • Decided that I don't really need 32Gb ram for gaming, so went with 8Pack Team Group 16Gb ram instead.
  • For the £10 difference I've gone with the Superflow 750w PSU instead of the Superflow 650w.
  • I figured that I may as well go with the X570 chipset over the B450 chipset as the extra cost still left me within my budget.
  • Changed the 2Tb Seagate HDD for the 4Tb Western Digital Gold HDD
  • Gone with an AIO over standard air cooling, as it should potential provide abit more cooling overhead for overclocking and again the additional cost fitted within my budget.

Back
Top Bottom