New gaming monitor. 24"?

Caporegime
Looking for a new 24" monitor for gaming. Ive been looking at the Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP and the BenQ FP241W. The Dell becuase laods of people seem to have it and the BenQ becuase of the HDMI and the great reviews.

Going to use either as my TV aswell if that is possible. Thinking about the Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H TV card.

Going to be playing a lot of games. CS:S, Civ4, STALKER then all the new ones UT3, Crysis etc etc

Are there any issues with pannels with these two?

Is the BenQ HDMI 1080p as it says because I want to hook my PS3 up to it.

Is there a black version of the BenQ available in the UK?

What do you guys and gals recommend?

Can I have some pics of them aswell please. :)

Cheers

Azza

Caporegime
OP
shine said:
You can see my 2407 here - its a great monitor can't recommend it enough.

I don't think you can get the BenQ in black in the UK.

Thanks shine. Looks very cool.

Where you get that desk from? How much?

Got sizes of that aswell?

Im looking for one exactly like that.

Soldato
Azza said:
Thanks shine. Looks very cool.

Where you get that desk from? How much?

Got sizes of that aswell?

Im looking for one exactly like that.

Its from Argos - Morgan modular range. I've got the corner desk, 1 x double and 1 x single cupboard which came to about £140.

See here for sizes and pictures of others with the same desk.

Soldato
Is that the NEC20GWX2 next to the Dell? I love my NEC but am sorely tempted to go with either the Dell or Benq, I'm just worried it'll be a downgrade, in terms of image quality and gaming performance....how have you found the Dell? Your comments would be much appreciated. :)

Soldato
Arcane said:
Is that the NEC20GWX2 next to the Dell? I love my NEC but am sorely tempted to go with either the Dell or Benq, I'm just worried it'll be a downgrade, in terms of image quality and gaming performance....how have you found the Dell? Your comments would be much appreciated. :)

There's not a lot between the two. I still think the NEC is slightly ahead in terms of vibrancy of colour but the extra real estate on the Dell more than makes up for it.

I have no plans on getting rid of either so I don't have to make a choice but if I did then the Dell might win because its bigger... maybe. :D

Soldato
dell_banner.jpg

Soldato
shine said:
There's not a lot between the two. I still think the NEC is slightly ahead in terms of vibrancy of colour but the extra real estate on the Dell more than makes up for it.

I have no plans on getting rid of either so I don't have to make a choice but if I did then the Dell might win because its bigger... maybe. :D

Thanks for that, may have to go 24" come payday :D

Back
Top Bottom