• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New GFX card problem

Soldato
Hi,

A friend of mine has just got his new Nvidia XFX 6200 and installed it on his machine (AMD Athlon 64 3400+).

When he starts CSS up it just crashes, Wow has a strange blinking cursor and he hasn't got ingame with it. He is using the drivers that came with the card and when he tries to install new ones he gets the BSOD or they don't install. He has also tried a different monitor.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Associate
well windows will have installed a driver for them otherwise you could'nt have used them! and all the ones I have come across do have drivers from the manufacturer

BTW the drivers that asus gave me with my 6800NU didnt work particularly well (mind you non of the 80.xx did either when it came to BF2)

Associate
hmm sounds like the new card is conflicting with the onboard graphics, usually there is an other option to turn them off. Might be worth having another look to double check, if not then i'm not to sure.

Soldato
OP
Would it be possible for a step by step guide on how to remove onboard graphics drivers and make a clean install of new drivers for agp graphics card?

Associate
There are two places to look for your GFx drivers.

One is in Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. There will likely be a driver package here to remove.

The other is in Device Manager -- Right-click My Computer->Manage->Device manager->Display Adapters. Right-click the adapter and uninstall.

I think thats all...

Restart your PC, and then install the new GFx card drivers.

Anyone else got any more ideas?

M

Back
Top Bottom