• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New GPU Query.

Associate
Hi all

Not had a working computer for a good few years now since my 980ti bit the bullet and I've refused to pay the mad prices of GPUS ever since. I bought a ps5 a couple of years back to tide me over on the entertainment front.

I've always had Nvidia gpus but I'm happy to go with AMD if that's where the value is these days. I've seen the prices of the cards are pretty mental still but would anyone have any opinions on best way to go if I was looking at buying one into 2023. I know Nvidia is due to release its more mid range cards next year. The most I'd want to spend is 800 at a push I would think. I thought the 980ti I bought for 500 odd a few years back was bad enough.

I have a 1440p dell monitor but also have a 48 inch LG C7 which I'd be more happy to use.

My CPU in my computer is a i7-8086k 4Ghz 12mb Cache. Would I need to upgrade that also?

Any advice guys?

Associate
CPU is a little old but will be fine for the time being. Depends on your budget, but the 6700xt and 6700 are very good value at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom