• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Graphics Card £300

Associate
Hi

Is the RX 6750 XT still a decent graphics card for gaming at 1440p.

As looking for one at round £300, that will do the job well.

Looking to pair it up with a Ryzen 5 7600x and 32gb DDR5.

If buying new the 6750XT is hard to beat at that price, or the 6800 for £370 if you can stretch.

Second hand opens up the market a fair bit if you're open to that route, a 6800 sold on the OCUK MM a week or so back for £300 as an example.

Open to looking at second hand cards. I will see what’s about for the 6800 and 6800xt. As the 6750xt I had eye on is new or can be had around £250-£280 second hand.

Old post now, but the RX 7700 XT has just seen a price cut, and you can buy them for just over £300.

At this price, it beats anything Nvidia can offer by a decent amount, and it also beats it’s predecessor finally - the 6700 XT.

This would probably be my baseline recommendation for serious gamers…

On paper, this GPU has more theoretical performance than the Series X or PS5 GPUs. It has a slightly higher Compute unit count than the Series X. It has 2GB more VRAM available than the Series X GPU.

There’s now AMD’s Fluid Motion Frames 2, if more performance in games is needed.

Techpowerup’s database suggests it can play most games comfortably at 4K, but that’s rather optimistic:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom