• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New graphics card needed for Samsung NU8000 TV

HRL

HRL

Soldato
If you want native 4K and decent frame rates without compromising on settings, there’s really only one option, and I don’t need to spell it out.

But it’s expensive.

Soldato
Will that be over hdmi though?

No, only DP.

OP, I use an RX 480 and play on a 4K TV too. If you don't mind 4K 30 in the appropriate games, then it's great. For FPS or other titles I can just drop to 1080p 120hz - no issues driving that. Popular MP titles are 4K 60 for the most part as well (DotA 2 etc). Also the pixel scaling to 1080p is quite good (at least on Sony) and from 9 feet away the details aren't as obvious. When I play @ 6 feet it's more noticeable but in no way bad.

A Vega 64 would be great, esp. for you because the Freesync range for the TV @ 4K is 48-60, so not so useful unless you can do that. For 1080p it's 20-120.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom