• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New graphics card time

Associate
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a new graphics card. I currently have a 9800pro and i believe it is on its last legs.

I'm looking to spend £150-200ish is there anything worth getting now or is it worth waiting a couple of months?

Thanks

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Aye it will be roughly about 4 times the power of your 9800Pro. I went 9800Pro, X800 XT PE then 7600GT OC then X1900.

Just get lots of nice new games to try out as it will be some jump. Good luck. ;)

Soldato
It would be silly getting a DX9 card in that price range, as Hamoodii said the best card by far is the 8800 GTS 320MB. I sold my X1950 Pro recently to acquire one!

Soldato
Oh aye yeah forgot 9800's were AGP, apologies. Hm, best getting a cheap X1950 Pro 256MB then. They are coming down in price too!

Associate
khimbar said:
Hammer would do it.

nah dremel multi tool F.T.W!!!

i have a friend that got the sapphire agp x1600 256 and thinks its an exelent card as its quite cheap around £60 then you can save the rest for a future upgrade(possibly extra ram :D) and as the x1600 will run all of the latest games with relative ease then its a brilliant upgrade for a agp system

(i strongly advise against using a dremel to fit a pcie card in a agp slot and cannot be held responsible for any slot extention modifcations :p)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom