• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New graphics card

Associate
Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300-350€.
I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional uses only so idk, it really looks good to me and i find it for 310€

also someone recommended these two:
1)Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4060 8GB GDDR6 Windforce OC
2)Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 Pulse

Also do you think 8gb is enough for streaming?

I would really like to see some more recommendations!!

PC specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte B550M DS3H
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
PSU: Be Quiet System Power 9 600W
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Box: Kolink Stronghold White
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 1TB

Man of Honour
6700 XT is the faster card between that and the 3060 12GB, there's no doubt about it. The 3060 is technically a lower-tier card (since 6700 XT competed with 3060 Ti, when they were both new).

The 4060 has the lowest power consumption, but it's usually expensive versus the RX 7600.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
6700 XT is the faster card between that and the 3060 12GB, there's no doubt about it. The 3060 is technically a lower-tier card (since 6700 XT competed with 3060 Ti, when they were both new).

The 4060 has the lowest power consumption, but it's usually expensive versus the RX 7600.
i find both of them (rx7600 and 4060) on 340€ so im targeting more on the best option according to the performance

Soldato
i find both of them (rx7600 and 4060) on 340€ so im targeting more on the best option according to the performance
Both the 4060 and 7600 are very similar in performance and both have just 8gb VRAM however if you can find a deal on a 6700XT it has 12gb VRAM and offers quite a bit more performance for similar money.

Screenshot-675.png

Screenshot-676.png

Associate
OP
Both the 4060 and 7600 are very similar in performance and both have just 8gb VRAM however if you can find a deal on a 6700XT it has 12gb VRAM and offers quite a bit more performance for similar money.

Screenshot-675.png

Screenshot-676.png
the i'm thinking is the Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 Pulse just because of the 12 gb vram

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i have a little concern if the radeon card does not work properly with Twitch streaming, as i searched they recommend NVIDIA cards. Anyone have an opinion on this? Because i think the one i posted up its the best deal but idk with all these info im really confused on what i should do.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
6700XT looks a nice bet but I'm unsure about streaming. Had a 30 second look and some were saying it's not the best but it was just a quick look. Someone else can hopefully help you more.

Last edited:
Soldato
i have a little concern if the radeon card does not work properly with Twitch streaming, as i searched they recommend NVIDIA cards. Anyone have an opinion on this? Because i think the one i posted up its the best deal but idk with all these info im really confused on what i should do.
That's more due to AMD's h.264 encoder's quality not as good as Nvidia/Intel. But if you have the right settings you can compensate for this (eg higher stream bandwidth).

CPU won't be an issue if you're using the GPU to encode the stream.

Associate
OP
That's more due to AMD's h.264 encoder's quality not as good as Nvidia/Intel. But if you have the right settings you can compensate for this (eg higher stream bandwidth).

CPU won't be an issue if you're using the GPU to encode the stream.
so with that been said if i choose nvidia i will have a better encoder's quality, otherwise i have to find the correct settings if that works. It sound better to go on the safest solution of nvidia even if i lose a couple of fps since the differences are not huge. If it was only for gaming purposes then for sure the radeon one.

Associate
so with that been said if i choose nvidia i will have a better encoder's quality, otherwise i have to find the correct settings if that works. It sound better to go on the safest solution of nvidia even if i lose a couple of fps since the differences are not huge. If it was only for gaming purposes then for sure the radeon one.
I doubt the difference be important enough to justify a safer route.
Lot of streamers running streams on amd hardware

Soldato
Honestly from experience the quality is not that bad, especially for Twitch streaming. For the sake of future proofing you'll still be better off with the 6700.

Associate
OP
Honestly from experience the quality is not that bad, especially for Twitch streaming. For the sake of future proofing you'll still be better off with the 6700.
so you think even with the cpu i have, i will not have any serious problem on the streaming? Genarally on the internet opinions differ between these 2

Back
Top Bottom