New home - spec me TV, AMP, Speakers, stands, etc

Soldato
Hi all,

I bought a new home and am looking for a sweet setup. I will be using a nVidia Shield and some NL40 media servers for storing the data. Everything else will be new. Other input will be Vigrin HD.

I guess I don't have a budget, I mean, I know a decent 65" OLED is going to cost me a good £2k....so everything else for £3.5k all in?

- OLED TV, 65" or even 80" but these seem a but steep at the moment
- I know nothing about AMPS
- I know nothing about speakers but I feel two decent fronts would be enough.
- Should I get a soundbar too?
- I pretty much have a 3m wall space to play with so any recommendations on cool media units?

Appreciate any links to places that do good packages.

Soldato
I would probably be looking at a Focal SIB EVO 5.1.2 DOLBY ATMOS setup with a Denon AVRX2400, then pump the rest into a nice big screen.

Soldato
With remaining 1.5k or so i'd get a Sony DN-1080 and Dali Zensor 5.1 speaker package that will be very nice for you and no you shouldn't get a soundbar:p

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Another vote for the Sony STR-DN 1080, as its a amazing AV receiver for the little money it costs.

My money would be on Sony STR-DN 1080 and a Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 Package.

Caporegime
That TV actually looks small from that distance! Would have gone projector.

Sit 3-4 feet from a 46inch TV at our house

When I went full 5.1 I spent waaaay more on speakers. But unless they fail I'll never need a new set. Those look good. Not sure what they are

Soldato
OP
That TV actually looks small from that distance! Would have gone projector.

Sit 3-4 feet from a 46inch TV at our house

When I went full 5.1 I spent waaaay more on speakers. But unless they fail I'll never need a new set. Those look good. Not sure what they are

I thought that too but it's actually quite nice as is. The 80" was just too expensive!

Back
Top Bottom