New HSF for Barton

Soldato
I'm looking for a new HSF for my Barton XP2500+, but I'd like to go for a 120mm fan so it's quieter. Cooling isn't THAT important as it isn't overclocked by a large amount, but sound level is very important. My motherboard is an Abit NF7-S v2.0 if that makes a difference. If anyone's got any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply, although after reading a few reviews it seems that if I was to put a fan on this HS it may cover my RAM slots.

Soldato
Big Typhoon will fit you board just fine without interfering with ram. If the standard NB heatsink is being used its fine but taller ones cause a problem. Easy enough to bend the fins though so it doesn't touch heatpipes.

Fan on it is quiet and could be slowed down further (via speed fan) and still give decent cooling if not overclocked by much.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately I have a zalman heatsink on my northbridge as the nb fan tended to make a really annoying buzzing sound! Would the Big Typhoon not fit with this in place?

Associate
SaBBz said:
Thanks for the reply, although after reading a few reviews it seems that if I was to put a fan on this HS it may cover my RAM slots.

I had a Sonic Tower on an NF7-S for quite a while, and just the other night (2.7Ghz screen on air, LOL). Can get the RAM in & out fine, though it is a bit tight.. The NB might interfere, a Swiftech Copper NB heatsink is *just* cleared, if you remove the fan. Can't say about the Zalman, ahving never used it.

Soldato
SaBBz said:
Unfortunately I have a zalman heatsink on my northbridge as the nb fan tended to make a really annoying buzzing sound! Would the Big Typhoon not fit with this in place?
Presume that you mean the passive blue square one? If so, then yes it will fit with the typhoon but a couple of its fins need to be bent by a few mills to clear heatpipes.

Back
Top Bottom