New Intel i7 10700k build for video editing/music PC

Associate
So as per the title, I am looking at building a PC for video editing and music recording/production. The PC needs to be as quite as possible as it will be in the room I'm recording in (a home studio).

I have come up with the following basket on OCUK but there were three things in particular I struggled decide on:
1. Is the CPU Cooler I've chosen sufficient? I won't be overclocking the CPU, etc.
2. What would be a good GPU to get? I might try the integrated GPU on the 10700k before splashing out on a dedicated but would appreciate recommendations.
3. Motherboard - used to be a fan of Gigabyte but been out of the game for a while so not sure what's good. Only thing I really want is USB3 gen2 and a USB C header for the case.

Is there anything I can improve on or should avoid?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,250.17 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Associate
Depending on the software you're using, might be better off going with Ryzen over intel. Same thing goes for the GPU, depends on the video editing program you use in terms of how much difference it'll likely make.

I have a nzxt h500 case and it's not the best for thermals or sound really - maybe have a look at bequiet cases or the fractal define series

Soldato
As bagel said, what software do you use? Could be the case going for a Ryzen 3700X (or 3900X dependent on budget) based rig could be a better way forward.

Definitely want a diff case for less noise. Again as bagel said something from Be Quiet or Fractal do some good noise dampened cases. You don't want a window case ideally as that doesn't help thermals or noise either.

Associate
5400rpm drive would be more suitable if you're after a quiet as possible system. Performance difference really isn't that bad either compared to a 7200rpm one.

Soldato
I imagine something like this would be better for your needs:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,188.83 (includes shipping: £0.00)

- 12c24t CPU compared to the 8c16t Intel.
- Better PSU.
- 2x16GB instead of 4x8GB of RAM.

Although it does depend on the software you use.

Not sure if the software you use benefits from GPU acceleration, I'm guessing not as you didn't spec one in your original post, thus the 1030.

*I haven't measured up that case to make sure the HSF will fit so double check if you decide to go for them.

Back
Top Bottom