New Intel SSD Firmware available

Soldato
OP
I've updated mine and it seems okay so far.

My results from having the drive for about 8 months.

asssdbenchintelssdsa2m0.png

These are my results from September.

bencho.png

Writes seem to be slightly down from then, but reads are a fair bit higher.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just done my laptop and desktop pc (80gb and 160gb respectively). Dont use benchmark tools often and admit I didn't do any before benchmarks. However,the orgingal AS SSD benchmarks done only a few months ago were 350(80gb old laptop) and 407 (i5). The laptop is now at 320 and the dektop 325. Think I have run ASSD a few times on the dekstop in the past at it's ranged from 410 to 390.
One thing to note when upgrading the firmware on Win 7 machines is that after you boot back into windows, Windows installs something and then prompts you to reboot the machine. Not sure what's been installed. AS SSD still reports iaStor.

Windows will reinstall the SSD since the firmware has changed, it looks like a new device to Windows.

Soldato
OP
Done that mate
Update fails everytime, x25 v I'm trying to update

i guess its not for my ssd this update i have this one so im assuming its a black case and not the silver as stated in the notes :mad:

intelx25vssd1t1.jpg

That's a silver G2 like what the rest of us have. I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble, I updated mine with my SATA ports set to AHCI, what ports are you plugged into, make sure it's the Intel ones.

Back
Top Bottom