New iPad

Soldato
Hi Guys

What this new iPad like that replaced the iPad Air.. £319 is tempting is it going to be quick? I don't justify the Pro as I dont do any photo editing on the iPad I use my MBP and iMac for that

Caporegime
They look pretty decent for the money. Only small downside is the screen has a small air gap unlike on the iPad Air or Pro but it’s minor really for the value you get.

Soldato
Recently bought one as an upgrade to my Ipad Mini, it's good value @ £320, quick, battery lasts ages and the screen is excellent. :)

Soldato
Just grabbed one of these for the wife. It’s fantastic the screen is not an issue tbh it looks great. I have the 10.5 Pro and this in general use is every bit as good.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

My biggest gripe is you only get 32GB of storage, which for an iPad is a bit paltry.

Soldato
That’s no good for apps or photos though.

Photos take hardly any room, i have 1015 photos on my phone including 150 videos and they take up no more than 4GB of space, i know 32GB is getting old now and the base model really should start at 64GB but it's Apple so you know. :)

Soldato
OP
Well I went into the apple store the Pro and the new iPad was next to each other. I couldn't see much difference between them the screen was VERY minimal the speed when I open app on them both tapping the same time both open the same time.. Hmmm

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Apple are so frustratingly good at market segmentation. The new iPad would be fantastic for the missus, except I just can't abide by the 32GB. She has a 128GB iPhone 7, and I just checked, and she's using 80GB (including 40GB of photos). Her iPad Mini 2 (3.5 years old) with only 16GB of storage is a pain to manage, I constantly have to be on it deleting stuff just to keep room (no photos at all on there). So I know a 32GB iPad is going to be a similar pain over the 3-5 year lifespan. I bought her a 10.5 Pro refurb (£530) which is £210 more than the new iPad, and I think I'm going to keep it (I haven't given it to her yet, and I still have another couple of weeks to return it). £210 extra over 3-5 years for 64GB storage plus faster processor and way better screen and speakers and TouchID. If the new iPad had 64GB I'd have sent the Pro back already. Apple are diabolically good at this stuff!

Apple are so frustratingly good at market segmentation. The new iPad would be fantastic for the missus, except I just can't abide by the 32GB. She has a 128GB iPhone 7, and I just checked, and she's using 80GB (including 40GB of photos). Her iPad Mini 2 (3.5 years old) with only 16GB of storage is a pain to manage, I constantly have to be on it deleting stuff just to keep room (no photos at all on there). So I know a 32GB iPad is going to be a similar pain over the 3-5 year lifespan. I bought her a 10.5 Pro refurb (£530) which is £210 more than the new iPad, and I think I'm going to keep it (I haven't given it to her yet, and I still have another couple of weeks to return it). £210 extra over 3-5 years for 64GB storage plus faster processor and way better screen and speakers and TouchID. If the new iPad had 64GB I'd have sent the Pro back already. Apple are diabolically good at this stuff!

I know I'm in the same predicament, 64gb and I would jump on the new iPad but at only 32gb I just can't do it, so now I'm thinking is the price of the 128gb worth it and then that leads you to thinking wether I should grab the Pro model and by that time I've been snared by apples Venus get trap!

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I know I'm in the same predicament, 64gb and I would jump on the new iPad but at only 32gb I just can't do it, so now I'm thinking is the price of the 128gb worth it and then that leads you to thinking wether I should grab the Pro model and by that time I've been snared by apples Venus get trap!
Exactly! £409 for the 128GB new iPad, vs £529 for the iPad Pro 10.5 -- £120 cheaper, but now you're within reach of all the extra pro features, and 64GB is plenty, so now 128GB is "too much"... Gah!!!

Back
Top Bottom