New Job - 1.5mile from home Car/Bike/Scooter?

Associate
Its been a while since I posted on these old forums but I remember it was full of experienced folk so thought I would offer this up for some input :)

Im about to start at my new job on Monday, its only 1.5 miles from my home. Ive always been a car lover but dont think my 2.2 Diesel Civic will enjoy such short journeys and I dont want to wreck it!

It is within walking/cycling distance
I can walk it in half an hour or so,
I can cycle there in 15 minutes (tried and tested although my chain came off half way there & I was knackered :o )

The third option I have been thinking about is getting myself a little 125cc scooter. Im 29, passed my full car licence in Sept 2001 so would have to do CBT

Now the only issue is its a shirt and tie job so not sure if it would work out.
End result is ive got to get there and still look presentable, cant be all sweaty & unfit for work...

What would you do?

Cheers

Associate
I mean it.

You're obviously not very fit and here is a great chance to get fit. Three miles a day starting off steady and building up to a greater speed will do you the world of good.

I know it sounds like a ballache but you'll thank me for it. :)

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I've got a desk job too and drive everywhere generally. Not great for your health. I've recently taken to walking during my lunch breaks and it's helped a lot.

1.5 miles is deffo walking distance (when not too cold/wet) and it'll do you good.

Unless the rest of your journeys are also short trips you can keep the car you got - just try not to use it too often for commuting. Short trips aren't great for any type of car really (might be wrong about electric).

Soldato
I wish I lived 1.5 miles from work. I'd love to be able to walk or cycle. Although I suppose I could cycle the 12 miles to work currently, but I'm quite lazy. I do need to get fit though.

I'd recommend the OP walks or cycles and swaps the diesel Civic for a Type R or something :)

Back
Top Bottom