New joystick time.

Soldato
Currently have the thrust master t1600m and matching throttle but want to upgrade the joystick to something better. Currently playing elite dangerous, starwars squadrons and dabble in DCs. Got some table mounts.
Budget is £400ish.
Looking at virpil warbird + constilation alpha grip or vkb gunfighter MK4 + modern grip pro.
Did look at winwing but they are based in China which put me off.
So what would you guys recommend.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've been using Virpil gear for several years now. I have more confidence in their support than that of WW, though I do have a couple of WinWing panels.
The VKB Gunfighter is supposed to be on par with the Virpil unit.
The only real question is whether you intend to use it with an extension. If you do, it's worth considering the Virpil CM3 base as apparently that's better suited to extensions than their Warbird base.

Soldato
OP
I don't think I will need an extension the mounts I have have about 30cm of vertical adjustment and I don't think I will need the extra travel in the X y either. Virpil do have a UK shop so that's a bonus. Which grip would you recommend to go with the warbird base?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I’ve only used the Virpil CM1 and Alpha. I prefer the Alpha, but really it’s just personal preference.

I fly most aircraft in DCS, so having a replica doesn’t bother me and is why the Alpha suits me fine. If you wish a replica of an existing, Virpil have one for the F14 and Thrustmaster have them for the A10, F16 and F18. The F15 and Harrier are very similar to the F18 grip. TM grips are fully compatible with Virpil bases.
I’ve got a TM F18 grip, it’s actually more tactile in feel than the Alpha, but I prefer the buttons on the Alpha.

Soldato
OP
My winwing f16ex + Orion 2 base arrived a few weeks ago. Overall IAM very impressed. It's so smooth, making small corrections in DCs is so much easier than fighting against the spring in the thrust master t1600m. Really liking the shaker kit it vibrates when you stress the aircraft or launch a weapon etc.
Currently learning the a10c in DCs with it in vr it's lots of fun.
Think I will be getting the f15ex throttle as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom