New keyboard and mouse needed.

Soldato
I've got to replace me keyboard and mouse and I'm open to suggestions. I don't need wireless on either. I fancy the "logitech ultra X" keyboard 'cos it looks nice but I'm open to alternatives, but I'm kinda stuck on the mouse. Any suggestions for a mouse to be used for gaming and general useage around the £25-£30 range. Again this doesn't have to wireless.

I just brought a Logitech MX518 for £30 from another site (wating for delivery.) I have also brought the Destrukt (DKT) mouse of ebay (from a store) for just over £10, and it is really smooth moving the mouse across it. The Razer diamondback will fit in your price range. I expect the mouse to arrive early next week now, will opst opinion then.

Just been looking at the "logitech MX310", price is right, looks nice but whats it like for gaming and general useage? Like I said, I dont need cordless, it'll only go missing in my house if it isn't tethered to sumat anyway.
Also is it worth getting a decent mousemat/gaming surface?

It is really smooth sliding my mouse across it, yet there is grip there when you want to do the slightest of movements, it has also helped the tracking on my old opticle mouse.

can certainly recommend the ultra x keyboard. It DOES take a few days to really get used to if you're more familiar with a regular board. But after those few days, you really are in typing heaven ;)

word of warning though. It's keys are much more easily broken by 2 year olds than other keyboards. Although they are fixable fairly easily.

snow patrol said:
can certainly recommend the ultra x keyboard. It DOES take a few days to really get used to if you're more familiar with a regular board. But after those few days, you really are in typing heaven ;)

word of warning though. It's keys are much more easily broken by 2 year olds than other keyboards. Although they are fixable fairly easily.

Whats it like for gaming on? We are talking about the silver and black keyboard here, not the media ultra X that comes with a mouse?

Last edited:
Logitech Ultra X desktop combi, great wireless solution and a quiet low profile keyboard :)
Cant fault it for 35 quid. My m8 has the dinovo thingy and its like 150 quid but i prefer my cheaper model :)
Great for gaming as its low profile and the mouse is excellent too.

Albaba

Last edited:
The Logitech MX510 and S&S Steelpad mouse mat combo is great value for money. I have it myself and love it. I'm using it alongside the Saitek Eclipse gaming keyboard and also highly recommend that :)

I'd go for one of the Logitech MX mice, currently got the MX510 and its one of the best mice I've ever used! As for the keyboard, the Saitek Eclipse is very good, amazing build quality and good to type on (one of the best keyboards I've used) :)

the MX510 & Pad (was the mouse i was using before i got my Razer) is a good choice and is a really comfortable mouse for gaming, also definately go with the Eclipse (check sig) great simple keyboard and the backlight is great for those late nite gaming sessions

pieman109 said:
Well it looks like its gonna be the saitek eclipse gaming keyboard, with the MX310 mouse. I'll look into the mousemat/pad later, any comments on me choice?
I'd wait for the MX510 to come back in stock as it's only about £4-5 more than the MX310 and has a really good mouse mat included. If it's on special offer then sometimes you can get it for just over £20 :o

Back
Top Bottom