New Land Cruiser

Soldato
Jeez, anyone remember when driving a ******* brick around was considered seriously uncool?

Hey, you could always get the blacked-out one, so you can CosPlay as an FBI agent from some American TV series.

Soldato
This is awesome

you know what they say about beauty in the eye of the beholder .. but Fugly springs to mind ;)

Associate
Have you seen how many town folk buy the new Defender?

The Land Cruiser seems widely favoured by suburbanite tailgating Karens with money and 2-3 kids, who want a fully featured family wagon.

Maybe I’m out of touch because I live in Rural Wales, but I know multiple Land Cruiser and Defender owners and none of them are angry Karens. I work in the city (Cardiff in this case) and I can’t say I’ve seen a glut of either car. That’s not to say that there aren’t large SUVs around of course, but neither of these.

Regardless, should we also ban vans, estate cars and anything bigger than an Aygo from cities? If public transport was actually decent, then maybe. But it isn’t.

Soldato
Maybe I’m out of touch because I live in Rural Wales, but I know multiple Land Cruiser and Defender owners and none of them are angry Karens.
Got two such individuals among my in-laws, and I dare say the wife would also have one if we could afford it.
They seem quite popular around the London-ish areas, and the London-commuter suburban areas like Kent, Reading, Oxford, etc... anywhere with an IKEA nearby. The most off-road driving they do is mounting pavements in shopping parades, and parking up on school football fields.

I am talking about the J80 series onward, though, specifically those with luxury features and swanky trim. It's basically a cheaper version of a Range Rover, for people who aren't posh landowners.

Associate
Got two such individuals among my in-laws, and I dare say the wife would also have one if we could afford it.
They seem quite popular around the London-ish areas, and the London-commuter suburban areas like Kent, Reading, Oxford, etc... anywhere with an IKEA nearby. The most off-road driving they do is mounting pavements in shopping parades, and parking up on school football fields.

I am talking about the J80 series onward, though, specifically those with luxury features and swanky trim. It's basically a cheaper version of a Range Rover, for people who aren't posh landowners.
London is a law upon itself, you’re never far from a super car never mind a luxobarge :D

Back
Top Bottom