New Laptop MSI Crosshair 16 HX

Associate
Hi All, I just got my new Laptop today..The MSI Crosshair 16 HX from OverclockersUK. Finding it a Nightmare to sign in to Microsoft. It is Stupid Windows 11 Home.
Managed to sign in but on my two Desktops I do NOT sign into Microsoft. Had to use a PIN as it refused both my passwords. It is now Updating. Looks a very nice Laptop but darn HEAVEY. My old 17inch HP is lighter.
Should I stick to Home or update to Pro??? I use Pro on my Desktops. I'll be using it for Photography. PS/LR etc.

Hi Delta3D--You probably correct but I can do so much more in altering things etc to make it my Own and not Microsofts. I will wait a month before deciding. Lots of things to Delete and much more to Install at moment. Taking my time on it. I just need to find out which 1tb NVME is inside it. I need to install another NVME of 2tb as I do photography, just need to find one that's not Expensive but does a good job.

Hi All, I just got my new Laptop today..The MSI Crosshair 16 HX from OverclockersUK. Finding it a Nightmare to sign in to Microsoft. It is Stupid Windows 11 Home.
Managed to sign in but on my two Desktops I do NOT sign into Microsoft. Had to use a PIN as it refused both my passwords. It is now Updating. Looks a very nice Laptop but darn HEAVEY. My old 17inch HP is lighter.
Should I stick to Home or update to Pro??? I use Pro on my Desktops. I'll be using it for Photography. PS/LR etc.

Fresh install and get rid of the sign in thing. I found it bloody annoying also, no ethernet/wifi drivers, and have to create an account. LOL.

Just use a custom ISO. Sorted.

Hi hornetstinger--I just might do that. I just discovered why it is slow as well. It has a slow 1tb WDpc SN560 nvme gen 4 inside. What a hard time I had taking the bottom off to look. Just ordered a new WD black SN770 2tb from ocuk to slot in.

I don't think it does, usually if it did DRAM will be included in description.

They're a bit more expensive also, ie around £140 or so.

DRAM less drive should still be fast, the one I have in my laptop is PC SN740 NVMe WD 512GB.

Last edited:
My new WD blk nvme sn770 2tb arrived today. Slotted it in and Laptop refused to get to desktop. Had to search google for info. 8 minutes later I managed to get into Bios. Did not, do not understand these new Bios's but a few googles later and a change of setup my lappy started up. With Win11 home I had to hunt for another 5 minutes to find the hard drive. Initialized it and it is now recognised. Why on earth does microsoft make it hard for people to find what they need in Home..No wonder no one wants to upgrade. The Biggest Anger I had today was my old HP 17" Laptop with Win7 n i5 cpu, 6gb ram is that for ages it was giving me problems, bad ones. Today I started it up as I was going to delete hard drive but did a few things to it, and the Darn thing started to Work Great. Grrrrr!! Must see if I can sell it for a few quid or just keep it. Have a Great Day,.

Back
Top Bottom