*** New Lian-Li II Lancool Mesh Cases ***

Caporegime
No white one without the silly disco lights? :p

Also what's with the glass on the back side? Weird decision... More cost to make, more weight, something else to break, and the cables are no longer hidden? :p

Associate
My friend just got this case and I’ve builded pc for him, feels solid and airflow is pretty good - although I think it’ll get dusty quickly

Associate
I'm looking to build my first pc and am torn between the RGB and performance versions of this case.

I like the way the RGB fans with white lights look through the mesh but have heard those fans are not pwm. Is that a major downside?

I see that the performance version has pwm fans but have heard they are noisy. Is the fan controller / speed switch on the front panel useful?

If possible, I would like the fans to be quiet but not sure if this compatible with a mesh case. Should I buy one of these and change the fans to quieter ones?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Associate
I have the Mk1 vesion of the "Lancool II" and bought 3 "Silent wings" 120mm fans to replace the Lian Li stock fans even though the stock fans are perfectly adequate I wanted total silence, which is what I achieved add to that good thermals and I have exactly what I attempted to build, I also added a Corsair Commander Pro fan controller which gives me total control over all 7 fans in my system, 3 on the front 360mm AIO that cools the CPU, 2 on the top 240mm AIO that cools my EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with and NXZT G12 attached (that has a 90mm fan cooling the VRM's) and a 120mm exhaust fan on the rear, it's a setup that took a while to finesse but is working very well, until I get an EVGA 3080ti FTW that is.

Hope this helped, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the case, build quality and layout is spot on.

Associate
I have the Mk1 vesion of the "Lancool II" and bought 3 "Silent wings" 120mm fans to replace the Lian Li stock fans even though the stock fans are perfectly adequate I wanted total silence, which is what I achieved add to that good thermals and I have exactly what I attempted to build, I also added a Corsair Commander Pro fan controller which gives me total control over all 7 fans in my system, 3 on the front 360mm AIO that cools the CPU, 2 on the top 240mm AIO that cools my EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with and NXZT G12 attached (that has a 90mm fan cooling the VRM's) and a 120mm exhaust fan on the rear, it's a setup that took a while to finesse but is working very well, until I get an EVGA 3080ti FTW that is.

Hope this helped, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the case, build quality and layout is spot on.

Thanks, that was helpful and I was actually checking out the silent wings fans earlier today.

It does seem that this case sells out very quickly at rrp so I may just need to buy the version that I can find in stock and change the fans if required.

Soldato
I'm looking to build my first pc and am torn between the RGB and performance versions of this case.

I like the way the RGB fans with white lights look through the mesh but have heard those fans are not pwm. Is that a major downside?

I see that the performance version has pwm fans but have heard they are noisy. Is the fan controller / speed switch on the front panel useful?

If possible, I would like the fans to be quiet but not sure if this compatible with a mesh case. Should I buy one of these and change the fans to quieter ones?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I've got several arctic pwm pat fans in my Lancool case. I didn't even try the supplied fans to be fair.

Associate
I pre-ordered mine as I thought it was the dogs danglies.
Thanks, that was helpful and I was actually checking out the silent wings fans earlier today.

It does seem that this case sells out very quickly at rrp so I may just need to buy the version that I can find in stock and change the fans if required.

Associate
Any idea when these will be back in stock, I want the white RGB version with the sl120 unifan, can't find the case or fans anywhere to buy.

I haven't been looking at the white version but have seen that Overclockers had stock of the black RGB version earlier this week and the week before (both times they sold out in just a few hours).

I'm going to buy one next time it's in stock even though I would have preferred the performance version.

Soldato
Ordered a White RGB version and Vertical GPU kit for my son's rig - I've also been searching everywhere for the front panel USB-C cable.

Any chance you're getting more in?

Associate
Made new pc lian li lancool ii mesh case rgb case. Dont wanted to say it, but i can hear the 3 rgb fans, which annoys me. This replaced a crappy 20 year old case i didnt hear anything out of it. Also i can hear my HD too. Mesh design maybe it was overkill. If only they were pwm fans and not 3 pins. I should have went with the other model i guess. LOL if only Noctua did rgb, but guess need by 3 new Noctuas.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine up and and running now with watercooling for the first time, lovely case to build in and plenty of room for cables. However I never want to install an AIO again. That was not easy for me...

Associate
Got mine the other day got a part build in it w8ing for the last few bits to clear preorders it's a little bit smaller than I first thought but still, plenty of room to work in and I love the look of the case the only downside to it which I agree with GN is the hole (grip) at the bottom of the front panel which can be easily covered (DIY style) to prevent that little extra dust with little impact on temps overall so far a good 8/10 so far. on a side note, I got the type C connector from overseas came with in a couple of weeks 2 screws didn't match up but had my own still would like to have it as standard was going 15 quid to get so I understand why it was left out to keep the cost down but not a great one

Soldato
Got mine the other day got a part build in it w8ing for the last few bits to clear preorders it's a little bit smaller than I first thought but still, plenty of room to work in and I love the look of the case the only downside to it which I agree with GN is the hole (grip) at the bottom of the front panel which can be easily covered (DIY style) to prevent that little extra dust with little impact on temps overall so far a good 8/10 so far. on a side note, I got the type C connector from overseas came with in a couple of weeks 2 screws didn't match up but had my own still would like to have it as standard was going 15 quid to get so I understand why it was left out to keep the cost down but not a great one

I'd be grateful if you could let me know where you bought the USB-C cable - my email is in my Trust.

Back
Top Bottom