New Logitech 703 wireless mouse q.

Soldato
Hey guys,

For my birthday I'm looking at this mouse. My question is I have limited USB slots on my motherboard, so would a USB splitter (1 to 4) currently only one of the four occupied, be OK for the Logitech dongle?

Or does it draw a lot of power?

Cheers guys!

Associate
Either or really... Logitech recommends 20cm distance between the dongle and the mouse, which mine just about gets. You'd probably be better connected to the case instead of a hub though, as I'm not sure if wake events (tapping the mouse when the PC's asleep) would wake the PC if it's connected through the hub.

Power draw is within spec for such a dongle connected via USB, and charging isn't much more of a drain, to be honest.

Logitech gaming app has a neat little section that shows the power draw of the mouse when running (I've turned the LEDs off).

Oh, it's an excellent mouse as well!

Soldato
My receiver is at the front (top) of my case. Less interferences, and it's tiny. USB2 / USB3 shouldn't matter for that.

I would not recommend connecting the receiver to an external USB hub (latency, compatibility, ect...).

You'll also need another USB port for the charger.

As for using a hub to charge, I'm not entirely sure. I guess it'll be OK.

Not sure about recharging off a wall charger either. I charge my G933 Prodigy headset that way, so I guess it'll be ok too.

Oh, it's an excellent mouse as well!

Agreed!

If you are not thinking of Lightspeed, a G403 Wireless is prety much the same thing. Depends on price diference.

Soldato
OP
Just setup the new 703. Wow!!

Big step-up from the Harpoon (still a good mouse though).

Great mouse so far, cant wait till I settle in with it over the next few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom