New logo design...

Soldato
As some of you know, we launched our restaurant here in NZ about 6 weeks ago, things are going well, but one thing that is really bugging me is our signage, i'm not a designer, nor do i have a creative bone in my body when it comes to logo design, our road sign (2.4x2.4m) just doesn't stand out, to be honest, it was a bit of a rush job, and the guy we hired to make the road sign was a friend of the family, and he was useless help, never gave us any tips, and the sign came looking washed out, not as bold as it should have been.

Anyway, we are in a position now where we can look at replacing the sign, we want something that is going to stand out, so, i hope i'm not being too cheeky by asking for some ideas from the more creative of you on here.

So, if you fancy a bit of fun, or are bored and feel like helping a fellow OcUKer out lol, something simple that will stand out on our road side sign.

Restaurant is called 'The Red House'. That's all the info you get, as well as a pic of the current sign...

44837013681_0f9de4cc24_b_d.jpg

Soldato
OP

Thanks @Armageus. Was just going to do this.

We're attracting a lot of locals (which is a good thing), and a lot of British Expats too. We do get comments on the sign being hard to read / easily missed hence the need to change, i guess we should keep the logo similar to how it is (it's the shape of the building roof line) but make it bolder with less details as stated. We want to attract passing traffic, that's our aim anyway. Our USP is that we have one of the only large beer gardens and kids play areas / activities for literally miles around, there is nothing similar, and those that do stop tell us how good it is here, and how they enjoy being able to let the kids play while they enjoy a drink in peace!

We are looking at getting an 8 seater shuttle bus to provide a free lift home to Warkworth town centre which is 3kms away, it's been requested a couple of times, and i think it would definitely get more people out for a drink in the evenings, this will also be sign written too so will need to match the signage too.

We're attracting some pretty good local bands now for our newly launched 'Summer Sunday Sessions', music on a Sunday afternoon starting from tomorrow which is creating a stir, along with my English sunday roasts (which are attracting the expats) as Kiwi's can't do sunday dinner properly lol. We've got an up and coming singer from here playing soon too, she already has music on Vevo and is releasing 4 new songs around xmas too!

We're definitely heading in the right direction, we'll soon be making money haha!

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom