New mechanical keyboard

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new keyboard, I've narrowed my options down to the following:

Corsair Gaming K68
Fnatic Gear Rush Silent

Any opinions on the above? I'm also open to other options if anyone has any ideas, the keyboard must come with a wrist wrest, max budget is £70

Last edited:
Soldato
Something abit different but the Logitech G513 is a good option with its custom switches and RGB goodness. On offer in particular stores now for under £100, getting one tomorrow to try out.

Soldato
OP
Something abit different but the Logitech G513 is a good option with its custom switches and RGB goodness. On offer in particular stores now for under £100, getting one tomorrow to try out.

I had a look at the board and it looks fantastic, but the cheapest I could find it was for around £90.

Soldato
OP
Stretch a little more :p its only an extra £20

I've too much to buy for Christmas! I've already ordered the revamped Logitech MX518, which is more than I intended to spend on a new mouse, but the 518 is literally my favourite mouse ever. lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lovely keyboard confused on the switches though I hate options haha.

It's easy to get lost with Switch types that's for sure.

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals...itguru-guide-to-mechanical-keyboard-switches/

https://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

The above are good reads.

I'm personally looking at brown switches as I feel they're the best all round option, which is why I'm currently leaning toward the Fnatic board I mentioned above. You can get it with any of the Cherry MX switches.

OcUK Staff
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new keyboard, I've narrowed my options down to the following:

Corsair Gaming K68
Fnatic Gear Rush Silent

Any opinions on the above? I'm also open to other options if anyone has any ideas, the keyboard must come with a wrist wrest, max budget is £70

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-backlit-red-led-cherry-mx-red-kb-09l-cs.html

K68 is solid, cherry red switches etc.

Otherwise let me know if there is anything you fancy in Open Box/B-Grade:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/clearance/keyboards-and-mice

Trust message me a SKU, and what you want to pay. I'll see if we can do it for you!

(I've noticed there are lots of SKU's in that category with no stock, they shouldn't be there. Will look to resolve tomorrow to make it easier to browse that section.)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Appreciate the help!

I'll take a look at the clearance.

No problem. Ducky make great mech keyboards. I'd look for one of those myself.

Unfortunately they have no BF deals this year as they've been so successful off the back of the 60%/65% range the rest of the year. They don't have any stock to drop their pants on and clear out!

Let me know if you see something you would like to offer on :)

Soldato
OP
No problem. Ducky make great mech keyboards. I'd look for one of those myself.

Unfortunately they have no BF deals this year as they've been so successful off the back of the 60%/65% range the rest of the year. They don't have any stock to drop their pants on and clear out!

Let me know if you see something you would like to offer on :)

Literally just found my dream keyboard, but given my budget I think it'd be a tad cheeky to even try! lol

...Not to say I wont give it a shot!

@NikTheSHNIK Sent you a TRUST (I think, never used it before so I've only just signed up) -- fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Alright guys,

I've just been given the offer of a lifetime by @NikTheSHNIK on a fantastic keyboard. I've followed his advice and placed a webnote on a keyboard I thought far beyond my means, I'm struck with anticipation for the deal to go through! I'll update you all once I've confirmed the purchase.

Really good service from OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom