• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New microcode fix for 13th/14th gen. Thoughts?

Associate
Just wondering how everyone else is fairing with the new microcode (honest it's fixed this time)
I've had my replacement 13900K for a couple of weeks (took over 2 months to get replaced) and initially it was 'ok' occassionaly it would boost to 5.8ghz on 2x cores with temps maxing out around 78 degrees C but since applying this update it will not boost either of the preferred cores above 5.5 at any point and the remaining cores are dropping back below 5ghz when it does. Thats a significant performance loss is it not?

I'm also getting issues with running my audio interface for my guitar with significant audio drop out where I had none previously. I've had to resort to using my I7-10750H laptop for all guitar stuff which is really not ok.

Anyone else having similar issues? any suggestions?

Is this is the latest 0x12B microcode update as I think its only released at the moment for B760/Z790 boards so I have to wait for the moment for my MSI Z690 A-Pro only has the 0x129 update so it may be a while for others to get the 0x12B update and test it.

Back
Top Bottom