• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New microcode fix for 13th/14th gen. Thoughts?

I am not overly familiar with XTU, but could that have made changes to what the default Intel profile was when selected..? Assuming that you have checked that tho.
Running R23 with the 253W max settings, as noted, will show the 253w as the maximum attained, within HWiFO64, as well as being the reason for the limitation.

I am unsure, some doubt was cast when @Grim5 posted a BZ video, not with the latest microcode, to suggest that Intel's Default profile is needed for the microcode to work....

not sure if that has changed.

The whole situation is messy.

I was only using XTU to display info, it wasn't changing anything. I think I need to do a proper reset of the BIOS.

From what I've seen so far the vmin shift problem seems to arise with certain chips and/or with motherboard settings especially enhancements - the incorrect voltage behaviour doesn't cause an issue for every chip.

Interestingly the problem seems to have been exposed by an older microcode update which fixed a problem with some chips and caused a problem with others and at microcode level it isn't possible to distinguish what chips need which approach.

Last edited:
I was only using XTU to display info, it wasn't changing anything. I think I need to do a proper reset of the BIOS.

From what I've seen so far the vmin shift problem seems to arise with certain chips and/or with motherboard settings especially enhancements - the incorrect voltage behaviour doesn't cause an issue for every chip.

Interestingly the problem seems to have been exposed by an older microcode update which fixed a problem with some chips and caused a problem with others and at microcode level it isn't possible to distinguish what chips need which approach.

Not sure if it was due to doing a BIOS reset after flashing this latest microcode but it then seemed to work as expected. As you note, at some point that could be helpful for yourself.

I note "messy" due to uncertainty, ambiguity and so many other factors contributing, or not, to this situation. Board manufacturers profiles are a little "ambitious", it seems.........

Back
Top Bottom