New Monitor 30+

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
144Hz rate capable 4k monitors should be coming for Christmas/during winter.
Though would need insane GPU power...
Precisely rendering 2.2 times the pixels per frame than in 2560x1440.
(also for some reason there aren't much of IPS panels in 32" size)

Anyway you better forget G-Sync only monitor, unless liking the idea of paying Nvidia for getting chained to be their slave.
VESA standard Adaptive Sync (called as FreeSync by most makers) not working with Nvidia cards until winter was ploy to make juicy profits from also monitors and prevent customer choises.

Besides that Asus there's this new LG:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-3...4hz-1ms-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-14z-lg.html
Here's its testing with Nvidia card:
The first monitor we tested was the LG 32GK850F...
You’ll only get a good FreeSync experience with monitors that support LFC, so we're glad to report LFC works fine with this monitor and Nvidia GPUs as expected.

We encountered no issues with this display. The transition inside and out of the refresh window, around the 45 to 55 Hz range, was handled perfectly without flickering or artifacts.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1810-lg-freesync-and-nvidia-geforce/

Associate
OP
I have just seen the ASUS ROG STRIX Curved XG35VQ

I really like the look and specs of this monitor.

Anyone got this any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Associate
No I missed out was in my basket when I went to order it was gone.

Thats a shame, have you chosen a monitor to go for? I am looking for a similar size but do not really want to spend more than £500. Have you looked at the BenQ EX3501R? Looks like this can be picked up for a decent price.

Associate
OP
Thats a shame, have you chosen a monitor to go for? I am looking for a similar size but do not really want to spend more than £500. Have you looked at the BenQ EX3501R? Looks like this can be picked up for a decent price.

Not too sure yet can get the 32 inch variant of the Asus for £479

Might hold on a couple more days see if anything else comes up

Associate
OP
The 32 inch version is 144hz as opposed to 100hz of the 35 inch, will this be noticeable?

Also I'm assuming the image will be clearer on on the 32 inch as it's the same resolution

Back
Top Bottom