New monitor and card, advice requested

Associate
Hi all, first time poster here, be gentle.

I'm building a new system, already got most of it and have around £1000 left to spend on monitor and graphics. I am a gamer, mostly playing World of Warcraft or space sims, some 1 player FPS and the occasional RPG. I'll also be using this system for some movie watching.

I've narrowed down my options somewhat, but would like a little input from the guru's here if possible. Here's my options as I see them:

1: Belinea 102035W + x1900xtx

2: Belinea 102035W + a pair of 7800GTX 256 Sli

3: Belinea 102035W + an x1800XT crossfire pair

4: Dell 2405FPW + a single x1800Xt

I'm not obsessive about AA settings or anything like that, I usually just leave them set on "let application decide" so really, I just want the setup that will make my games look nice.

All input appreciated :)

Man of Honour
well i don't know much about graphics cards, you'd be better asking a seperate question in that forum, but please don't cross post or double post if you can :)

Regarding the monitor, i think both are excellent screens really. The Belinea is a more responsive panel overall thanks to it's new P-MVA panel from AU Optronics. Having said that, many people love their Dell 2405FPW's for gaming and dont have any issues. If you think you might be susceptable to ghosting and issues like that then the Belinea would be a safer bet as far as fast gaming goes. Plus it will be much easier for your rig to handle the lower resolutions than on the Dell :) The Belinea is a very good price, but doesnt offer the wealth of inputs that the Dell does. you also give up a fair amount of screen size and resolution and so this is something to consider. Movies would be better on the Dell thanks to the size, although noise in movies is a little more apparant than on the Belinea. It's a question of waying up size, resolution, movies and games as well as juggling price, features and looks. Tough choice really....

welcome to OCUK though :D

Associate
OP
Thanks Baddass, I guess I'll go for the Dell. Main reason being that graphics cards come and go, but hopefully the big monitor will be with me for a good few years.

Back
Top Bottom