New mouse

Soldato
Hey all,

I am currently on the search for a new mouse. The most comfortable mouse that I ever had was the logitech mx1000 laser mouse. It was a pleasure to use, but not great for gaming because it was wireless. so I had to get another mouse.

Then I tried a logitech mx518 and it was good too, definately the best gaming mouse I ever had, but it broke after a couple of years and for the last few months I have been using the logitech G9x. It's fine, but, I don't game as well as I did on the mx518 and my fingers and wrist start hurting after a while.

So I am looking to change to something different. Is there anything out there that is as comfortable as the mx1000 but as good as gaming as the mx518? I find optical mice to be better, but that might be just my imagination.

any thoughts or suggestions?

Associate
I bought the G500/Boogie Pad deal suggested by Stulid above a couple of weeks ago. Both are quality products and i'm really happy with them.

The Boogie Pad is immense so make sure you've got the space if you go for it.

The mouse is very responsive and perfect for me. Not sure about comparing it to a mx1000 as i've not used one before but i can say the G500 is great and comfortable for a few hour gaming session.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, yeah I read about the g500 and it seems to be a popular mouse. Guess I was hoping to move away from logitech this time. But if people feel that the g500 is the best mouse around at the moment then I suppose I should get one.

Associate
I bought a Steelseries sensei a couple of weeks ago and love it. It felt comfortable from the start, tracking is sweet and has great configuration options.
The mouse has nice build quality. The coating on the top, although it feels okay is a bit more shiny than it looks in the pictures online, almost too blingy for my taste, but I've got used to that now.

Permabanned
Logitech Performance MX, probably the comfiest mouse you can get.

Not a gaming mouse but the darkfield sensor is supposed to work well, so it might serve you well for gaming.

Soldato
OP
That doesnt compute:D

Logitech have an excellent customer services department also.

lol, Yeah they make good stuff, but I read a some bad reports about the G500 as well and I don't like the G9x at all, and I just feel like a change :)

The steel series sensei was another mouse I looked at as well as the cyborg rat 7. Oh and the latest m60 from corsair. And thanks Eames for your suggestion, but I really don't want a wireless mouse.

So is the G500 still the best choice out of those four mice?

G500,
Steel series sensei,
Cyborg Rat 7
Corsair M60.

Some other contenders for me are the logitech G400, Steel Series Kinzu, and Steel Series Kanu

Soldato
OP
thanks for the suggestion whitescar, but, I just don't like razer mice. My brother has tried a few of them and loves them. They arent for me though.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I went thru 3 MX1000's then went to a Revo MX, not in the same league imho :(
Then Tried a Roccat Kone was canny but a bit too small for me.
Am now using a Razer Naga, so comfy and the extra buttns on the side are usefull, not just for mmos either :)

If you can put up with the odd looks of the Naga go for it :)
Only thing that would make it better would be some extra weight.

Soldato
OP
I can also vouch for steelseries mice, their ikari was as though it was molded specifically for my hand.

Have to say this is a bit of a nobrainer though at the price http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-060-OP&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1257

The price is really good, no complaints there at all :) But I already have an exact mat from razer and it has served me well. I am actually moving towards the G400, it's supposed to be a better version of the mx518.

Soldato
OP
I should probably say that I am looking for a palm grip rather than a claw grip. The logitech g9 is a claw grip, well it is to me anyway.

Associate
It depends on the types of games you play, the way you hold the mouse, your budget, and other factors. Guys on these forums will scream about the G500/Boogie all day, and it IS a fantastic deal, but saying it's the best mouse on the market is far from the truth.

I use a Roccat Kone+, and I wouldn't recommend it due to the well documented scroll wheel problem which plagues about half of their mice.

Best mouse on the market right now? Probably the Sensei if you believe the Pros.

Soldato
OP
I play CS:Source mostly, I use a plam grip, I like to rest my hand on top of the mouse if you know what I mean. I have no budget. For me I just want a comfortable mouse with good control.

The more I read about the G400 tbh the more I like it. It sounds comfortable, pretty well built and an improvement in every way over the mx518. The only thing that seems to be wrong with it is the angle snapping. But later builds of the g400 don't seem to have that issue, just luck of the draw if you get the right one or not.

Back
Top Bottom