New Mustang GT500

OcUK Staff
Lovely sounding, hope they bring it to the UK, a proper car with a proper engine! :)

It is also the first dual clutch in a Mustang, has the 7SP DCT from the Ford GT. :)

OcUK Staff
Hhhhmmmmmm. It’s nice. It’s not £100k nice. For that I can buy a GT and turn it in to a monster with enough change for a second car.

MY18 GT full options is around 50-55k.
10k for supercharger and other bits.
Wheels + Tyres probably another 2-3k.
Plus other stuff as well no doubt.

Probably not much change from 70k, pretty much how much my mate is into his 800HP yellow Mustang.

Fact is still not a GT500, no 7SP DCT, so yeah its possible to get the same performance, real similar looks, similar noise, but its not a GT500.

When US price comes out it will probably be that in GBP or around 10k more due to RHD conversion etc. etc.

Best option would be to buy one of the older GT's for 25-30k and then throw supercharger, exhaust, suspension, brakes at that, can do it cheap for 15-20k or fit quality stuff and be around 30k.

OcUK Staff
Gibbos next car after the prancing horse?

Nah I've had one, basic fundamentals of the car are the same, driven mates 800HP one, its fun but more an annoyance as a daily.
If they come to the UK I shall certainly give one a try but the chassis though good is certainly lacking and in fairness I'd say the SVR is a much better car, sounds just as good, handles better, no doubt better gear box and all weather grip.

Next car have the prancing horse shall no doubt also be Italian, but shall be a Bull. :D

Soldato
Looks like it's going to be an absolute monster... Are they having a laugh with "quiet mode"?!

i was looking at the police Dodge Chargers a while ago and it was saying they could come w/ some form of "fuel saving technology" - on a 5.7 V8 hemi :D good luck w/ that.

Back
Top Bottom