New noctua coolers

Soldato
Hello,

Does anyone know for sure when the new noctua CPU coolers are out?

I believe there will be new colour options and a 120mm version that is supposed to match the D15S although I find that hard to believe!

It would be nice to see a noctua cooler with decent colour options out of the box instead of having to swap the fans out for chromax which costs a fortune and as I'm in the market for a new cooler I can wait if they are close

Cheers

Soldato
Haven't heard any single info about that cooler since that event showing their new Gentle Typhoon inspired fan...
If they actually had such performing cooler there instead of just different output power heat loads, there should have been plenty of time to release it.

They haven't even released black versions of existing coolers.
Though not sure if I want to think how high price Noctua would want for painting coolers black...
But maybe having Chinese workers hand paint them using toothpicks would explain release delay.

Anyway you can already have pretty near top level cooling in reasonable size...
And at more reasonable price than what Noctua charges for less powerfull cooler.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scythe-scmg-5100-mugen-5-rev.b-cpu-cooler-hs-046-sy.html
Ordered one today to wait for PC upgrade, now that one of the biggest Finnish PC hardware shops finally managed to get small number of those into stock first time since last year.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I appreciate the Scythe is a good option but I cant be doing with that shiny silver, I'm going to hold out for the new Noctua stuff and continue to regret selling my U12SE

Soldato
I believe there will be new colour options and a 120mm version that is supposed to match the D15S although I find that hard to believe!

Hadn't heard of that. Could well have something to do with their new fans that EsaT mentioned - NF-A12, which may have the best noise-to-performance at actually reasonable sound levels (and biggest price tag). Maybe two of them on a heatsink could already match the single 140mm D15S even without any heatsink improvement, who knows. I actually like the default look of the NF-A12, the blades now almost look leather-covered.

Check out 7:35

Soldato
OP
Thanks I'll watch that later, disappointed that their website still says late 2018 Q1 2019

I might email them just for kicks to see if I can get any info last time I emailed they were really helpful

Soldato
Hadn't heard of that. Could well have something to do with their new fans that EsaT mentioned - NF-A12, which may have the best noise-to-performance at actually reasonable sound levels (and biggest price tag). Maybe two of them on a heatsink could already match the single 140mm D15S even without any heatsink improvement, who knows.
With it's very thin profile NH-U12S (I have it currently) has only mid level amount of surface area and some fan swap doesn't change that.
That new model was supposed to be with bigger/longer fins (like original NH-U12) for more surface area.
And likely being in Mugen 5 level.

Though maintaining fin spacing of U12S would fit in more surface area than in Mugen 5...
But at the expense of very serious airflow impedance, which would make it likely not good with low fan speeds.

Soldato
I got a D15S some weeks ago. No chromax yet. I later saw some black and yellow chromax that would look amaze***** with my MSI MPower Max board. Trouble is next board may not look the same.

Soldato
OP
Not seen anything about a new D15

I've been reading the U14S is very close the D15S on performance, almost pulled the trigger on one and double checked chromax covers were available but no, not available for the U14S with a similar situation of "soon" which seems to have been and gone :rolleyes:

Tempted just to get an R1 Universal now, no need to swap the fans or covers etc

Soldato
Hadn't heard of that. Could well have something to do with their new fans that EsaT mentioned - NF-A12, which may have the best noise-to-performance at actually reasonable sound levels (and biggest price tag). Maybe two of them on a heatsink could already match the single 140mm D15S even without any heatsink improvement, who knows. I actually like the default look of the NF-A12, the blades now almost look leather-covered.

Check out 7:35

They look like they're covered with something alright.

Soldato
And another vid from them:

This video delves into the technical backgrounds of the NH-U12A premium class 120mm CPU cooler, explaining how it can match or even outperform many 140mm sized coolers while, at the same time, offering significant advantages in RAM, case and PCIe compatibility.

Soldato
Blooming expensive. £90! Thought my D15S was expensive at £70.

The price does make me feel better about my D15S too. :)

They should really consider making a one fan version because each of those new fans are £30.

7 heatpipes nice, and this time they haven't put any directly behind the fan hub, which may have cost them a degree or two in the past.

It's possible they didn't actually need 7 heatpipes though, maybe the extra one is for show/numbers to impress.

Soldato
OP
I dont know how much longer I can hold out for the all black coolers, I'm sick of reading about coolers now I'm going round in circles and obsessing!

I really like the idea of the new one, it would be nice if you could just buy the coolers on their own and buy a Chromax/Redux fan separately, I was on Noctua's Instagram last night and I've seen some monochrome style builds where they have swapped the beige/tan fans out with Redux fans, some of them looked awesome but the fact the Redux fans are old tech with no anti vibration mounts puts me off

Have you swapped the fans out on your D15S's?

Back
Top Bottom