New Noctua NF-A12x25

Soldato
New Noctua coming soon, anyone know when we could expect to see these on OcUK?

Noctua presents next-generation NF-A12x25 120mm fan, 140mm adaptor and redux line NF-P12
Noctua today presented its much-anticipated next-generation 120x25mm A-series fan and the complementary NA-SFMA1 adaptors that allow it to be used on 140mm based watercoolers. The new NF-A12x25 is the first fan made of Noctua’s novel Sterrox® LCP material and integrates the company’s latest innovations in aerodynamic engineering in order to achieve an unprecedented level of quiet cooling performance. While the NF-A12x25 becomes the new flagship model in the 120mm range, the classic NF-P12 will be reissued in the streamlined, more affordable redux line.

Full details here: https://noctua.at/en/noctua-present...120mm-fan-140mm-adaptor-and-redux-line-nf-p12

Associate
Interesting design development, but at a fairly costly buy in price at £26 a pop.

Also, I don't see any curves or documentation comparing performance of this new 120mm to the existing 140mm range. They clearly think there's a case for swapping out for new 120's, otherwise they wouldn't be doing an adaptor shroud... but they don't back it up with any numbers.

Soldato
Hopefully they also copied Gentle Typhoon's smooth rotating.
Likely because of very jerky rotation NF-P12 and NF-F12 which came with heatsinks are darn vibrating rollers.
While Gentle Typhoon keeps turning for quite a few seconds when giving it push with finger unlike Noctuas fast coming to jerky stop.

Soldato
They've been working on these for years. Kind of surprised the released them to consumer before any review sites got them. Usually releases are times so reviews are out same day as release .. and so far I've seen no reviews / independent testing of these.

Associate
Well I assume they will be good but I kind of wish I hadn't just bought 3 S12A fans as I would have probably got these instead. Having said that the price is a bit steep even compared to other top end fans like NB-eLoop, Silent Wings 3, etc.

Soldato
Price is based on supply and demand, that'sjust simple economics at work.People are already running out to buy them even before we have a single independent review, and I doubt they will be disappointed. Noctua has a good name and makes good products.

Soldato
Interesting design development, but at a fairly costly buy in price at £26 a pop.

Also, I don't see any curves or documentation comparing performance of this new 120mm to the existing 140mm range. They clearly think there's a case for swapping out for new 120's, otherwise they wouldn't be doing an adaptor shroud... but they don't back it up with any numbers.
Exactly, it would be nice to see how they compare to the 140s.

Back
Top Bottom