• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Nvidia 411.63 drivers hinder performance

Soldato
First one Pre-baked MLL at 4k was a 4% difference, For Honour 4k was a 15% hit, The division 4k was 15% difference, Hitman 4k was 6%, ROTTR 4k was 9%, SOTTR 4k was 8%, Deus Ex 4k was 3%. These were all the canned benchmarks which the majority of reviewers use to save time. On not one occasion was the new driver faster and there are some big differences in there. As i said the in game tests showed varying results but they were also just one run through and pretty random in some cases.

I am not saying it's 100% proof of gimping but why in not one canned game bench is the new driver faster and way slower in half of them.

Man of Honour
I am not saying it's 100% proof of gimping but why in not one canned game bench is the new driver faster and way slower in half of them.

Needs more than one driver release before it is evidence of anything - there have been a few instances where individual drivers have been slow i.e. once because someone left some debugging code in, etc.

Soldato
Needs more than one driver release before it is evidence of anything - there have been a few instances where individual drivers have been slow i.e. once because someone left some debugging code in, etc.

Yea 100% more proof is needed but the launch day results are the ones that stick. Any how i just found that a little strange.

Soldato
First one Pre-baked MLL at 4k was a 4% difference, For Honour 4k was a 15% hit, The division 4k was 15% difference, Hitman 4k was 6%, ROTTR 4k was 9%, SOTTR 4k was 8%, Deus Ex 4k was 3%. These were all the canned benchmarks which the majority of reviewers use to save time. On not one occasion was the new driver faster and there are some big differences in there. As i said the in game tests showed varying results but they were also just one run through and pretty random in some cases.

Do you remember the launch of the Adrenalin drivers? It was the same some things were faster but some were way slower too.

Suspended
That's blocked at my work, I mean links to a thread about it on OcUK.
It's not any different from this thread, yes they do/no they don't.:p

Though there are some titles Kepler has fallen down in badly I generally find for some reason most reviewers like that do not represent 7xx series performance.

Don't need a reviewer, I had Kepler and it fell off a cliff when Maxwell turned up, they released a driver fix to sort out performance in some where Kepler fell down badly when it was more relevant at the time.

Soldato
Seems like a trust issue to me. Nvidia have done enough things to make sure suspect it's possible even if it isn't. As for what have they got to gain? Everything. They already have our 10XX money now they want your 20XX money. Outside of benchmarks though no-one will notice.

The only difference I really notice is Pascal runs a lot cooler than my 7970s. No more heatstroke lol. Back to AMD though once I can get better than 1070 performance for reasonable money.

Man of Honour
Don't need a reviewer, I had Kepler and it fell off a cliff when Maxwell turned up, they released a driver fix to sort out performance in some where Kepler fell down badly when it was more relevant at the time.

I still have my 780GHz in another system - the performance isn't even close to as bad as many of these reviews make out - in many cases it is just behind a RX480 (obviously the stock 780 doesn't do quite that well) rather than languishing closer to half that card's performance.

Plus the odd video that has been linked to on these forums showing comparisons to the 200 series AMD cards where you can see the Kepler cards are running proper boost clocks and they are putting up pretty comparable performance - not languishing behind.

Caporegime
Yeah id wait for the next driver, as they may have just done a temporary gimp of the Pascals, so the RTX's just looked better in the reviews, so in their next driver, they may put the Pascals back to where they were, under the 399 drivers, and that one will probably come after the 2070 reviews. :p

Back
Top Bottom