New OcUK design (WIP)

Soldato
As I'm still very noob to HTML and CSS I'm taking random sites and redesigning them for fun, my first was my employers site, this time it's one closer to home for a lot of us, OcUK!

I'm not quite finished, however I thought I'd post it and hopefully get some feedback so far.

Just a note it won't look correct in IE under IE10 (Due to flexbox), and yes it's responsive.

Anyway, critique away:

http://daveclockers.davidbulut.com/

Soldato
Quite impressive, if you're still very noob ;)

Only thing I'd say is it should be more obvious/easier to access the different products, like with the current site they are laid out across the navigation, and also underneath.

Apart from that keep up the great work :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers mate. Indeed, been doing it for 2-ish months now, and still a lot to learn! Just gave it an update with a few tweaks, like making the basket more obvious and getting rid of the horrid tabs.

I thought about having them underneath, but across all screen sizes I thought my implementation may be easier, I hated the lists of items that the current site has, so tried to make it more visual instead, will have to see if there's a way I can make it better.

Associate
The problem with your design is pretty much the same as with the current OCUK site, you just don't know where to look. Everything is trying to grab your attention at once.

Also use fewer (no?) carousels, seriously carousels are stupid and should be banned. Research agrees with me http://shouldiuseacarousel.com/

Soldato
The problem with your design is pretty much the same as with the current OCUK site, you just don't know where to look. Everything is trying to grab your attention at once.

This, my immediate response when I opened the page was "there's no focal point".

In terms of other layout considerations like spacing, palette, styling, it's a great start :).

Back
Top Bottom