New PC Advice

Associate
Hello people,

I'm looking to replace my ageing gaming rig (now a few years old and starting to die - keeps failing to boot complaining about the graphics card but if you leave it a few mins and reboot it's fine!). Haven't really got the time to build a new rig and the moment so thinking of getting the following:

"Ultima OC 8800GTS SLI" Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz @ 3.00GHz+ Quad Core SILENT DDR2 System (FS-080-OK) - £610.99 inc VAT
LG L227WT 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black (MO-054-LG) - £199.74 inc VAT

I know there's not much to comment on but what OS do people recommend now - is it time for Vista yet? Also, any comments on monitor and is it worth the upgrade to 4GB of RAM?

I've got an Audigy 2 in my current rig - is it worth transferring to the new one?

Thanks

Soldato
i would get vista home,4gb imho is worth it in vista despite what some people might say....you cant have to much of anything if you ask me and ram is very cheap so it's worth getting 4gb.
as for the monitor.....im not really up on monitor's so i cant give you any advice on that m8.
the monitor all depends on what res you wanna play your game's on.

Soldato
What will be the main purpose for using it?
Whats your budget?
What do you need and what not?
Are you going to overclock?

Are you willing to build it yourself or want prebuilt system?

If you can't answer those questions then i'm afraid we can't help you :).

Associate
OP
What will be the main purpose for using it?
Whats your budget?
What do you need and what not?
Are you going to overclock?

Are you willing to build it yourself or want prebuilt system?

If you can't answer those questions then i'm afraid we can't help you :).

It will be my new gaming PC - don't really use it for much else.
Budget of about 800 quid
Need pretty much everything as not much in the PC is obsolete except the Maxtor SATA 200GB drive and possibly the Audigy 2 (plus speakers/keyboard).

Not really got time to build or play around overclocking hence the thought of getting a prebuilt system. Thought it was about time to replace the old 21" CRT at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom