New pc between £700 to £1.000 for VR SIM racing

Associate
@morfeo256 checking the marketplace and from quick scan
someone got a new b550 aorus elite v2 mobo they just reduced to £75
or the above b550m ds3h for £65 new (he bought wrong mob and too late to return)
b550 f gaming used can prob get for £90.
b450 tomahawk max II £55..prob get if you say £45
just got to be patient, be prepared t bargain a little and just be a little careful
either that or start writing lots of post..lots of section to the forum...get 1k posts (or did they reduce it to 500?) and you have access to MM

Soldato
AM4 is an end of life platform, the only option you'd really have to upgrade would be a 5700X3D/5800X3D at some point, you might luck out and get one cheap in a year or two.

It's really not ideal, it would be functional for your needs but I'd say it's a fair bit of corner cutting that could be avoided if you can find a good second hand deal or upped your budget.

Soldato
AM4 is an end of life platform, the only option you'd really have to upgrade would be a 5700X3D/5800X3D at some point, you might luck out and get one cheap in a year or two.

It's really not ideal, it would be functional for your needs but I'd say it's a fair bit of corner cutting that could be avoided if you can find a good second hand deal or upped your budget.

Or 5900X, 5950X, if AMD don’t drop something Zen3/+ based as the last AM4 as been rumoured a couple of times.

Associate
OP
@morfeo256 checking the marketplace and from quick scan
someone got a new b550 aorus elite v2 mobo they just reduced to £75
or the above b550m ds3h for £65 new (he bought wrong mob and too late to return)
b550 f gaming used can prob get for £90.
b450 tomahawk max II £55..prob get if you say £45
just got to be patient, be prepared t bargain a little and just be a little careful
either that or start writing lots of post..lots of section to the forum...get 1k posts (or did they reduce it to 500?) and you have access to MM
Just had a look on FB, thank you!

Let's say I get the b550 for £75 plus the following, would that be fine? Still at £1k

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £926.94 (includes delivery: £7.99)[
/INDENT]​

Last edited:
Soldato

Aye, just make sure it's an M-ATX board to fit your case, the CPU does come with a stock cooler but I'd still recommend spending £15 on a RGB Thermalright Assassin King since you seem interested in the aesthetic side. You'll get better thermals and a better overall look to the build, it's a nice case for the price tbh if you're into a bit of bling.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Aye, just make sure it's an M-ATX board to fit your case, the CPU does come with a stock cooler but I'd still recommend spending £15 on a RGB Thermalright Assassin King since you seem interested in the aesthetic side. You'll get better thermals and a better overall look to the build, it's a nice case for the price tbh if you're into a bit of bling.
I've found this on marketplace : "MSI b550m motor motherboard £100" and a Corsair RM750e PSU £70.

Would that be worth getting?

Associate
I've found this on marketplace : "MSI b550m motor motherboard £100" and a Corsair RM750e PSU £70.

Would that be worth getting?
I wouldn't. the mortar is actually a good mobo, but that's just too expensive, esp if it's the non wifi version.
Regarding the psu, you need to know how old it is etc, but corsair doing an offer at mo on it so the RM750e v2 is £90 and the RM850e v2 is £100. V2 means it's the newer model(no suprise there) which is atx3.0 compliant...atx3.0 is more relevant as it was designed to help with transient power spikes that the newer gpu's can have(really the higher powered nvidia 4000 series cards)

below is tier list of psu's, last updated in nov, so they've only got version 1 listed rather than 2 in the atx3.0 area, but still rated tier A..I do think the RMe series are good value personally, esp when they drop the price is their sales

I also put in couple of the new phantek cases. they're no frill(so no rubber gromets on the cutouts etc) but still good value and come with some fans, and designed to accomodate larger/longer gpu's so when you come to upgrade in future you shouldn't have to worry. Again, it's personal preference etc. I prefer to get atx size case as then you're not restricted to just looking for a matx board

Total: £347.92 (includes delivery: £15.99)​

Associate
OP
I wouldn't. the mortar is actually a good mobo, but that's just too expensive, esp if it's the non wifi version.
Regarding the psu, you need to know how old it is etc, but corsair doing an offer at mo on it so the RM750e v2 is £90 and the RM850e v2 is £100. V2 means it's the newer model(no suprise there) which is atx3.0 compliant...atx3.0 is more relevant as it was designed to help with transient power spikes that the newer gpu's can have(really the higher powered nvidia 4000 series cards)

below is tier list of psu's, last updated in nov, so they've only got version 1 listed rather than 2 in the atx3.0 area, but still rated tier A..I do think the RMe series are good value personally, esp when they drop the price is their sales

I also put in couple of the new phantek cases. they're no frill(so no rubber gromets on the cutouts etc) but still good value and come with some fans, and designed to accomodate larger/longer gpu's so when you come to upgrade in future you shouldn't have to worry. Again, it's personal preference etc. I prefer to get atx size case as then you're not restricted to just looking for a matx board

Total: £347.92 (includes delivery: £15.99)​
Thank you! I won't buy it then! I may buy the B550 from marketplace at £75 then if that's a better option?

And I'll stick to the power supply I was recommended:

Associate
think one of the reasons I suggested going 2nd hand for am4 was specifically for the x3d cpu as it works so well with assetto corsa racing. If you're going to look at a 5600, then the value is there so much. That and some of the prices you're looking at, maybe I'd wait a bit and keep saving
I'd def start posting on the forum..lots of areas to comment in, be it motors, holidays, current affairs, general topics etc. Get enough so you can access Memebers Market. is a couple months when new 9000 series cpu's come out and maybe new mobo's you might see some more 7600/7600x cpu's come on the market as people upgrade..it does happen. I wont be ike when am5 came out, and there was a constant stream of am4 popping up as people upgraded, but stuff does appear
Memebers generally offer stuff here as it's to enthusiasts etc and prices are much more fair (no fees to start with) so you're less likely to get into problems
Maybe worth thinking about

Associate
OP
I think the 4070 and the AMD Ryzen 5 5600 will be plenty for the use I'm gonna give it... And in the future I could always upgrade it to a 7600 like you mentioned but I think if I keep looking at things for a bit more of money I'll end up going way over the budget, I'm already £400 over what I wanted to spend in the first place so I'll try to keep it down so I don't spend a fortune

I'll follow your recommendation and try to get more posts so I could get in to the second hand section to see if there's anything I could get. (It would be handy if someone could have a look for me meanwhile hahahaha)

I can post again for another few hours so I will just add it to this post.

This looks like my final setup with a Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE.

Shall all this be good together? Would I need anything else to finish the build completely?

Thank you everyone for all the recommendations.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,107.88 (includes delivery: £11.98)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
As a guide, if buying all new that's not that far off going for a am5 setup, hense why only really works going am4 if you can get decent 2nd had price etc..put a am5 build below for comparison, but I wouldn't go for this mobo tbf..it's only to show you a price comparison. The atx version yes(the b650 tuf gaming wifi is best selling board on ocuk atm), but that's £169..I'd prob go for Gigabyte B650 Eagle AX for £139 if on budget which is a newer board, not sold by OCuk, but it seems to have stronger vrm's than the gamix x ax board. redit users saying works fine with a 7800x3d and the like

Total: £1,211.83 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

Last edited:
Associate
I used a 6800XT, 7900XTX and my sons 7900XT and all have been great for VR, I play IL2 Sturmovik using a Pico 4 at res of 3072 x 3072 and it's been faultless. I would recommend AMD for VR and I would also recommend a graphics card with more than 12GB of vram, as I regularly go over 12GB of vram. But I guess it depends on your graphic settings, I also use fpsvr to monitor the system resources used.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think the 4070 and the AMD Ryzen 5 5600 will be plenty for the use I'm gonna give it... And in the future I could always upgrade it to a 7600 like you mentioned but I think if I keep looking at things for a bit more of money I'll end up going way over the budget, I'm already £400 over what I wanted to spend in the first place so I'll try to keep it down so I don't spend a fortune

I'll follow your recommendation and try to get more posts so I could get in to the second hand section to see if there's anything I could get. (It would be handy if someone could have a look for me meanwhile hahahaha)

I can post again for another few hours so I will just add it to this post.

This looks like my final setup with a Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE.

Shall all this be good together? Would I need anything else to finish the build completely?

Thank you everyone for all the recommendations.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,107.88 (includes delivery: £11.98)​
I will probably stick to this one at the moment if I can get the second hand motherboard. If not I'll never make my mind up hahaha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom