New PC Build £2k (ish)

Associate
Hi All,

I'm looking to build a new PC for multitasking and video editing.

I like the look of this PC case with water cooling, although i do not need this case specifically.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thermaltake-the-tower-900-super-tower-showcase-ca-18f-tt.html

Although I would like a window and for it to be water cooled. It needs to function as a normal every day working PC. Plus I need a screen preferably to edit video at 1080p so a higher resolution would be great. I also need a keyboard and mouse. Overclockers would need to build this for me as i don't have a clue about building a water cooled PC!

Any help would be great thanks :D!

Soldato
Hi All,

I'm looking to build a new PC for multitasking and video editing.

I like the look of this PC case with water cooling, although i do not need this case specifically.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thermaltake-the-tower-900-super-tower-showcase-ca-18f-tt.html

Although I would like a window and for it to be water cooled. It needs to function as a normal every day working PC. Plus I need a screen preferably to edit video at 1080p so a higher resolution would be great. I also need a keyboard and mouse. Overclockers would need to build this for me as i don't have a clue about building a water cooled PC!

Any help would be great thanks :D!

You've got two options, members here can list a component parts list which OCUK can build at an extra cost-effective normally gets it exactly how you want it .
Or one of the packaged systems OCUK do .
Starting to see more people pay the extra with the first option

Associate
OP
thanks.

I am not so sure on what i need, component wise. So it's hard for me to choose, thats why I am asking for help here.

I know what I need it for and that's video editing, some gaming and general multi tasking. I use Elgato to record gaming footage from my console currently that saves to my pc for editing. Like I said i do like the aesthetics of that case in the link, the water cooling looks great. Is that possible on a budget like mine?

-Regards

Last edited:
Associate
OP
An attempt at it myself, I guess without build costs. Not sure if all the components are what I need, or if i've gone overboard anywhere. I've also gone a bit over so maybe there are places I can bring it down a bit.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,291.27 (includes shipping: £22.50)

Last edited:
Associate
An attempt at it myself, I guess without build costs. Not sure if all the components are what I need, or if i've gone overboard anywhere. I've also gone a bit over so maybe there are places I can bring it down a bit.

Total: £2,291.27 (includes shipping: £22.50)
Total: £2,135.26 (includes shipping: £22.50)

- Double the RAM
- Better GPU
- 4k IPS screen. IPS will be better than TN for video editing
- AIO watercooler
- Silenced, windowed case with plenty of room for storage drives
- High quality mechanical keyboard.
- Very high quality PSU

You could save a bit of money by chosing cheaper peripherals and a cheaper case. An air cooler would also save money over a water cooler.

The type of water-cooling in that case you like is custom watercooling, which would easily cost atleast £200+ extra.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help, I'm going to take your advice and further try to configure. I do like the look of the custom water cooling. I suppose functionality should come first though right.

Associate
OP
Total: £2,182.98 (includes shipping: £22.50)

Soldato
If you want a 4k video editing/render rig then Thread ripper 12 cores. Basic GPU to handle displaying on the screen - not for gaming. As I'm guessing all your editing and multitasking stuff are all CPU bound ?

Just put the core stuff in, not over fancy bar the new bequiet 700 fully modular case which looks to be a dream to build in. And then Gigabyte board for their excellent RMA and rep service on here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom