New PC build, could use some advice

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Jfld0zc.png

Total: £1,543.27
(includes shipping: £33.54)

The above is what I've some up with myself for a MicroATX X99 system that I will be using for work and also my own personal use, of which the most intensive things I will be using it for are gaming and video editing. I will also be looking to overclock it as far as it will go somewhere in the region of 4.3-4.5ghz would be ideal.

The SSD, Keyboard, Mouse and OS is purposely missing since they are already accounted for or will be purchased elsewhere since OCUK don't stock what I want. The Graphics card is also missing since I'm waiting for the new offerings that are due within the next few weeks (probably 480x/490/1070). I won't be bothering with multiple cards.

I suppose what I'm asking is will what I've thrown together work and also will I in theory be able to reach my ideal of a 4.4-4.5ghz overclock? If not some advice/suggestions would be welcome, Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
From what I've read the Kraken has it's own software to control the fans, which plug into the unit, and I was also planning to get a fan controller at some point if the Kraken isn't able to do what I think it can so the PWM fans are likely needed, but again I could be wrong.

Soldato
Do you have a graphics card you can use in the mean time ?

I would go with the EVGA G2 650W over the SuperFlower for the extra 2 years warranty.

Total: £97.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

And some cheaper Ram:

Total: £108.65
(includes shipping: £8.70)

Last edited:
Associate
Unless you're using the CPU Header on your Mobo or a special fan controller, theres no point going for PWN fans. Other than that theres little to say about this. Will be a solid build

There is 1 CPU and 2 system fan headers with PWM on the motherboard so there is no problem with buying them, even if you just use 3 pin fan power connecters there is no real reason not to buy PWM fans.

Soldato
OP
I've changed some things that people suggested and saved around £40-£60 for pretty much the same system, so thanks a lot :).

Back
Top Bottom