1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PC build for around £1250

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by Azwethinkweare, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Azwethinkweare

Associate

So I woke up this morning and my pc has decided to die in its sleep. its not booting even the bios. To be fair its been dying for a while, and the graphics card has been a bit poo form the last few years. Lots of forced reboots due to failures. So now come the time for a new build.

I have £1000 to £1500 to spend. The psu and hard drives are good. Do any of you wonderful people have any advice on what i could build for that budget? It would be only for gaming/entertainment. I would prefer nVida over amd as I haven't had the best luck with amd cards.

Thank you!

2. tamzzy

Sgarrista

can you wait a few weeks?
    new cpu and gpu lines coming out in july.
    literally the worst time to buy now

3. lltfdaniel

Wise Guy

1+,

Wait until the new ryzen processors come out, as well as the gpu lineage.

4. EsaT

Soldato

Welcome aboard.

How do you know PSU is OK?
    Gradual increase of problems is possible symptom for one failure type.
    So unless it's fresh PSU, it can't be excluded from list of possible guilties without some measurements using oscilliscope.

Unless case was bad already when new, it should be usable to save budget to more usefull things. (I myself have soon 11 years old case)
    After all suicidal PSU didn't try to burn your PC...
    Though for that budget it's easy to fit new case.
    In which case what kind style you prefer.
    All RGB more colour lights than in Las Vegas style, or more discreet functional look?

And agree few weeks being well worth to wait.
    There are both new CPUs and GPUs coming into shops.