New PC Time, around a 2k budget for everything.

Associate
OK, so its time. My PC is aging and I need a new one. I don't want to bring anything from my current rig to my new rig apart from probably some hard drives. (so will need probably 6 sata points)

I am not either an Intel or a AMD fan boy so there is no preference here.

Currently using a 2500k with a 970, this PC was originally built back in 2011 and I have upgraded it over the years by adding some more memory (16gig) an SSD and then last upgrade was the 970.

I want a new system and new monitor that gives me the next step up in gaming 1440p and not 1080p, ideally I want the same sort of system as I had before were I can spend around the 2k mark and then look to get upgrades in 3 years or so.

The PC is my main household PC and currently I use 2 monitor so would like to continue to use the old dell one I have in portrait mode next to the new 27 Inch monitor I will get.

Ideally a large glass paneled case and some RGB so I can show off the inside but also quiet if possible (not a deal breaker) Games I currently play are basically all the blizzard games, so Wow, overwatch, sc2. Heroes.

So spec away ladies and gents I look forward to reading your replies over the coming week before I commit to ordering everything.

Soldato
@Slade2

Not to heavy on the RGB , case has subtle RGB lining on the edges of the outside - as well as being quiet along with PSU and internal fans .

i7 9700k with Adressable RGB so should do 5ghz nicely on 8 cores.

vega 64 with 32" 144hz VA Freesync screen! although shop around for nice 27" if you want smaller. OCUK sold out, on a lot of freesync!

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,865.98 (includes shipping: £23.10)​

could save a good deal though by switching to ryzen 2700x and B450 board like the B450 MSI AC/Aorus Elite . personall wouldn't go Ryzen 2600x as Ryzen 2700 isn't that much more, hits the same speed and extra 2 cores. though Ryzen 3*** and X570 are out End of June

Associate
OP
Thanks for the detailed reply. I like the basket you have put together. Love the case!. I think adding a decent M2 drive to that setup and I`m almost done. I am not sure I can wait until the end of June for the new ryzen stuff to come along, if I did that I would always been waiting and never buying so just have to wait and see.

Soldato
Thanks for the detailed reply. I like the basket you have put together. Love the case!. I think adding a decent M2 drive to that setup and I`m almost done. I am not sure I can wait until the end of June for the new ryzen stuff to come along, if I did that I would always been waiting and never buying so just have to wait and see.

Intel is going to last you just as long as ryzen, speed on its side along with IPC and IMC - thought I'm a fan for both . Just depends on budget, needs and when you want to actually okay a game :D

Back
Top Bottom